038 we are grounders

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
( we are grounders )

OCT 10, 2149DAY TWENTY EIGHT ON THE GROUND

OCT 10, 2149
DAY TWENTY EIGHT ON THE GROUND

TO BUILD A HOME
━━━ THE CINEMATIC
ORCHESTRA

" and i built a home for you,
for me. until it disappeared
from me, from you. "

"MURPHY!!" Fallon's furious shouts echoed as she jogged through the woods in search of the boy, chestnut irises blazing with enough anger to burn the whole forest down.

"MUR-"

"Fallon!"

She came to an immediate halt, spinning on her heel in the sea of dead leaves to face the boy; his bruised and cut-filled face smiling to her with oddly bright eyes for everything that had just concurred. He extended his arms out joyfully, as if he expected her to leap into them for a hug.

She didn't reciprocate the seemingly misplaced happiness, scowling and gritting her teeth in ire as she lunged forward and harshly shoved him; the boy stumbling and catching himself on a tree as he blinked in surprise.

"Okay, you can drop the front now." he chuckled uncertainly, features gradually falling.

"What front?!" she hissed.

His smile was completely gone now.

"You... you were pretending to be on their side to give me an upper hand... right? Pretending you cared if Dakota-"

Almost like it were instinct, Fallon found her fist- still massively swollen from the punch she had given Bellamy night before last- swinging hard and fast at the brunette. The boy's eyes bulged before he swiftly ducked out of the way; her hand meeting the tree instead, only adding to its injury. Pain ricocheted through her entire arm, the girl not even paying one lick of attention to it as she became more enraged; whirling around to face him in the new spot he stood. Now he looked legitimately worried, realizing there had never been any 'front.'

"I-I thought you were... you hate Bellamy!" he pointed out incredulously, brows knitted.

Fog came off their breath in the bitter cold of the winter's day, frigid rain starting to drizzle ever-so-slightly upon them through the sea of leaves above their heads.

"Yeah, I'm aware, Murphy. I don't give a damn about what you do to him or to Jasper. I told you to leave her alone and you didn't!" she yelled, the boy scoffing lightly and shaking his head.

"Fallon her mom killed your dad! Why are you willing to make amends with-"

"Actually, Dakota killed my dad, and my dad was an abusive asshole who beat me every day of my life, so really she was doing me a favor!" the Walsh girl fumed without taking any breaths in between, not having meant to have let the private information slip; energy shifting as it caused the rage in her to suddenly dwindle.