Chapter Two

Once in class, the fleeting happiness the raven-haired boy had felt dissipated rapidly. Alone at his desk, a sense of isolation crashed over him. Throughout the lesson, he repeatedly glanced at the seat beside him, half-expecting a comment about the assignment or some random remark from Tweek. Each time, the absence stabbed at him like a fresh wound. Tweek was engrossed in conversation with Butters, their laughter and smiles suggesting that their recent breakup held no weight. Craig hadn't anticipated anything different; their split had occurred because Tweek had fallen out of love and developed feelings for Butters. Still, it pained Craig to witness how swiftly Tweek had moved on. The sight of Tweek seemingly happier with Butters than he ever was with Craig only deepened his anguish. Attempting to focus on his work, Craig was oblivious to the tears welling in his eyes until they began to stain his paper, blurring the fresh ink. Hastily wiping them away, he avoided anyone noticing his tears, though luck was not on his side. "Craig, everything alright?" the teacher's inquiry drew attention, and Craig forced out a lie, sensing his classmates' curious stares. With a deep breath, he returned to his work, hoping to stem any further tears.

The moment the bell rang, Craig bolted from the classroom, eager to escape. As it was his final class of the day, he hurried to be the first one out. Exiting the school, he hesitated momentarily, almost anticipating Tweek's presence before shaking off the thought. He began the solitary walk home, until a blur of orange caught his eye. Kenny was sprinting down the sidewalk, only slowing when he caught up to Craig. "Hey, what's up?" Kenny asked, catching his breath. "Better question, why the rush?" Craig queried. "Eh, the quicker I'm away from school, the better. Plus, I figured I'd grace you with my company," Kenny replied, shedding his parka and tying it around his waist. "Much better. It's too hot for that thing," he remarked, before shifting the conversation. "So, heard you were crying in science today?" "I wasn't crying, just had something in my eye," Craig responded curtly. After a brief silence, Kenny's tone softened. "Dude, it's okay to cry, you know."