"Dad.. i see people having baby photos of themselves when they do their timeline.." I start to say, and dad already is stiffening, like getting uncomfortable.

"and do you need a timeline to be done?" dad questions, "no, not yet, It's for the next quarter" i retorted, and I see dad sighing in relief.

"kiddo, I don't have much baby photos of you.." dad trails off, looking guilty.

"dad. it's okay! I don't mind, I don't care." i lied, I do care, I want to see those silly photos of how I acted as a baby, and I wanted those baby photos that people use at weddings.. at least from the television shows I seen.

"baby are you sure?" dad presses on, and I give him a convinced nod.

there isn't anything that we can do, even if I had photos, it wouldn't be pretty ones.

"there is this baby photo." dad starts to say, and I see he pulls out a photograph.

I register the photograph before me.

a puzzled face is on my face, "

a puzzled face is on my face, "...dad you didn't know me though" I say, and I tried to make sense of everything.

"I know baby.. I know baby." dad says as he tries to reassure me, i flash my dad a bewildered look.

"Did you not want me?" i suddenly ask, which is earned with dad's quick response of "of course not princess"

"I don't understand. Dad" I plea to him, hoping he'd give a good explanation ..

"honey. when that photo was taken, I only knew you as my friend's child." dad starts to explain.

I remain silent, just trying to process and understand everything.

"dad. if you knew me as your friend's child, why didn't you visit..? at all?" i plea.

"..I don't know, your mother shortly moved away, it stopped all contact" he says.

he got that right, we did move.. but he knew of my existence then?

as if he was reading my mind he says no.

"your existence was hidden from me. I was lied to." daddy grabs my hand.

I felt wetness trekking down my face, all my hardship was easily avoidable, if..

"I don't get it!" i exasperated, it gone from a innocent school project questions to a life altering experience.

"I'm not hungry." i say, and I got up from the table and just left.

I wanted to be alone and recollect my thoughts.

so he was lied to, he didn't know he has a daughter, and I stare intently at the photograph.

I took it from dad, and rightfully so.

I must have been around 3? 4? Months old?
all of the abuse, everything.