Chapter One

Craigs pov

Here's a revised version of your chapter one with improved flow:As the raven-haired boy strolled into the cafeteria, he realized he had nowhere to sit. Usually, he'd join Tweek, but given their recent breakup, that wasn't an option. Clyde and Tolkien occupied the table with the football team, a spot Craig preferred to avoid. His gaze wandered, landing on an almost empty table, save for one figure: Kenny McCormick. It was odd seeing Kenny away from his usual crowd, even odder without his trademark parka. Craig grabbed his food and, against his instincts, approached Kenny's table. "Mind if I join you?" he asked, once he reached the table. "Sure, go ahead," Kenny replied, stifling a yawn. Craig settled in, focusing on his meal until Kenny spoke up. "Why aren't you with your friends?" "I could ask you the same," Craig retorted. Kenny glanced at his untouched tray. "Needed a break, I guess," he shrugged. "From what?" Craig inquired, unintentionally falling into his habit of prying for answers. He'd done it with Tweek, prodding until he confessed his worries. Now, it seemed, Craig's curiosity targeted Kenny. "Cartman's bullshit, Style's lovey-dovey stuff... It's overwhelming," Kenny confessed. "Which part gets to you the most? Cartman or Stan and Kyle? Or both?" There was a pause before Kenny chuckled. "Are you turning into a therapist now?" Craig responded with a playful middle finger, earning another laugh from Kenny and an eye-roll from Craig. As lunch progressed, they discussed various topics, from favorite things to Craig's complaints about the school lunch's lack of nutrition. "You sound like Kyle's mom," Kenny teased through giggles. "But am I wrong? This stuff can't be healthy," Craig retorted. "Okay, Mom," Kenny quipped, and they both dissolved into laughter as the bell signaled the end of lunch. As they left the cafeteria, they made a promise to meet at the same spot the next day.