Chapter 23: Grand Entrance

Athy's POV

Today I've decided that I've been lazing around too much despite my situation, so I've made up my mind that since I am a princess, I should be damn well treated like one. Why should I settle for a cheap hotel and having to change my appearance? Exactly, I shouldn't.

But things aren't as simple as they seem to be. First, I will demand to stay in the Emerald Palace no matter what anyone says, I will be living in there. Second, I will have to be thick-skinned and prove my innocence.

Well, the second one isn't hard, but the first one... Well, I'm quite certain that Duke Alfeus and Dad will definitely oppose me strongly. I'm a little scared, but thinking about it now... I've something that can really throw them off.

-----------------------------------

"No, you're crazy..!" Lucas protested.

"Crazy? Me? Haven't you seen papa lately?" I scoffed.

"No, stop, I'm serious, he might hurt you." He sighed.

"So? Are you saying you're not coming with me?"

"What?"

"Well you're not gonna let him hurt me are you? Mister Magician?" I teased.

"Ha, who said he can hurt you? They must be crazy." He switched so fast, I laughed a bit.

"Okay, let's go!" I motioned for him to follow me.

I brought Lucas to a clothing store; I was planning to buy the grandest outfits for the both of us. After all, we're gonna be having a grand entrance in the palace.

I found a beautiful blue dress, it kind of reminded me of this one princess in a fairy tale. She wore something like it, what was her name again? Oh well, I think it started with a C. 

The dress had diamonds and blue jewelry decorating it, with blue butterflies scattered across whole thing. Of course I would buy it! I ended up getting the matching jewelry and hair piece along with it as well. I could tell I looked good since Lucas' mouth was left hanging.

Now that I was done, it was Lucas' turn! I tried to find the best pair of suit and tie for him. Ah, and also jewelry. It took us about half an hour, which isn't even that long to me, I've had to endure much longer, but I could tell he hated every single second of it, which was very amusing to me.

"Are you done." Lucas asks, for the 27947th time. Actually, it wasn't actually a question anymore, since his eyes were absolutely lifeless.

"Yes," I said with a satisfied smile, "let's go make those bastards ab.so.lu.te.ly  mad."

Now  Lucas smiled like he had just gotten the best birthday gift ever.

--------------------------------------

"You've gone mad!" Dad stood from his throne in rage.

"What? How could you say that? I'm merely trying to help you, Your Majesty."  I feigned innocence.

We went in the palace boldly and without a care in the world about 5 minutes ago. None of the guards could get to us thanks to Lucas' powers, which impressed me greatly. I demanded for an audience with dad, and I made sure he'd come by using his curiosity. I know he was a little bit curious about me, and why we were so close back when he was still actually 1% sane.

"How dare you demand from me thing you don't deserve." He glared at me with a killer intent.

"Demand? I truly apologize if it came out like that, but I assure you, that wasn't what I was trying to say." I smiled innocently.