Chapter 17: Back

Athy's POV

Jeannette and I had small tea parties after that, but his majesty ordered for me to stay in my room.

He really did forget me..

I pitied myself, I wanted to blame the brunette but I know it's wrong. She didn't do anything wrong.

I should stop thinking about this..

"Princess.." Lily knocked.

"Yes?"

"Sir Lucas is back." She said, and I immediately got up from my seat, and opened the door.

"Lucas!" I said before hugging him.

"Then I will leave you two." Lily said and walked away.

"Where were you?!" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"I-I told you I was getting the world tree fruit. Besides, why're you crying?" He asked.

I hit his chest, but it was weak because I didn't have any energy left.

"You... Why didn't you come back sooner?! Papa, he forgot me Lucas... He lost his memories and claims I'm not his daughter!" I cried.

"W-what.." Lucas looked bewildered.

I was too overwhelmed with emotions that I just cried helplessly in front of him.

"It's going to be fine, so stop crying." He said, and I did as he awkwardly caressed my back.

After calming down for a bit, Lucas sat down with me on my couch.

"So you're saying... He forgot you after saving you from your mana outburst?" He summed up what I told him, and I nodded in response.

He sighed in annoyance and said, "I told you to stay away from that mutt."

"I-I know, but.." I tried finding excuses, but failed.

"Whatever. Where is he now?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I think he's in his room." I replied.

"Alright. Come with me." He said, standing up and holding his hand out for me to reach.

I nervously chuckled and said, "Actually.. He put me under room arrest.."

Lucas' face tensed, and I could sense the dangerous aura coming from him.

"He did, what?" Lucas asked, his eyes looking like he could kill right now.

"B-but I love being in my room, so it's fine! It's okay, so don't worry about it." I tried to shrug it off, but Lucas didn't look like he was listening. His eyes were still full with danger.

I immediately held his hand, and gently caressed it, that seemed to have made him snap out of it.

"Hey, it's really fine." I told him, showing him one of my genuine smiles.

I wonder if I looked sad just now?

"You, really..." He muttered.

"It's fine, really." I repeated.

And at that moment, just out of the blue, the man standing in front of me, who seemed to never care at all, hugged me.

"What, what?" I asked, confused while in his hands.

"You know very well it's not fine." He said, hugging me tighter.

"I.." I knew he was right.

"Actually, forget what I said earlier. You can cry all you want. As long as you're with me, as long as it's my shoulder you're leaning on, you can cry forever, cry a river, I don't care." He said such comforting words that I never thought he'd say in a million years.

It's been a while since someone said that to me, and though Lucas was the last person I wanted to see me cry, I just burst out crying, and hugging him tight.

"That's right.. It's okay to cry sometimes." He said once again, his hand moving to my head, and rubbing my hair.

"T-thank you.. hic.. Thank.. you.. hic.. Lucas.." I cried in his arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claude's POV

"I'm... I'm your daughter, papa..."

Daughter?

Such thing is a foreign term for me. How dare she pretend to be my offspring?

I suddenly remembered the distorted and desperate face of that wench.

How dare she say those things to me with such expression?

Even Felix is saying eccentric things. Did that lowly thing really manipulate their memories this much?

That must be it.

-----

"Your Majesty, Duke Alpheus is requesting an audience eight this instant." Felix said.

"Why?" I asked.

Must be one of their cheap tricks.

"He said it's urgent, and he also brought a young lady with him." Felix further explained.

"Surely it's not about marriage?"

"N-no! The young lady is too young for that..."

"Then let them in." I declared.

----

"Greetings to the sun of the Obelian Empire." Alpheus said.

"G-greetings!" The brunette said.

No manners?

"Your Majesty, we planned on revealing this during the debutante, but.. You were busy." Roger explained.

Debutante? What debutante?

"Debutante?" I asked.

"Y-yes.. Your daughter, Princess Athanasia's debutante." He said.

I don't remember such things.

"Nonsense, that little brat is not my daughter, nor is she the princess." I announced.

And there was silence in the room.

"I present to you.. Jeannette, daughter of his majesty, the emperor." Roger bowed, and so did the brunette.

What?

"Hm... Interesting.." I muttered to myself.

"You may rise" I said, and they raised their heads.

Then I saw the brunette's eyes. It was identical to mine. Blue and jeweled.

"Alright. She is part of the imperial family, so she may stay in the emerald palace." I declared.

"Y-your Majesty..! Princess Athanasia is staying in that palace.!" Felix intervened.

"So? Then move her to the ruby palace." I shrugged it off.

"Your Majesty.!"

"Since when did you learn to question my orders, Felix?" I glared at the crimson haired man.

"I... Yes, your majesty." He gave up.