Chapter 2: Lee Ji Hye

Athy's POV

Darkness surrounded me. I could still feel the suffocating sensation as I was being hung.

The next thing I knew, the darkness was replaced by a faint light.

I sat up to see a normal room.

"What the.."

I wasn't dumb, so I immediately thought of... Reincarnation.

I didn't know it was real..

I was awestruck.

I saw a mirror and went to it.

I saw my reflection, and from what I observed, I had plain, brown hair and eyes.

Am I.. A commoner in this world?

The shabby room backed up my thoughts.

Well, isn't this better than being a royalty but unloved..?

A sorrowful smile was on my face.

"But... I still look pretty." I chuckled to myself.

"Anyhow.. I've finally escaped that hell." I was relieved.

"Lily, Mom, even in this life, I will find you." I smiled to myself.

After processing everything, I decided to take some rest.

Beside the futon on the ground, I found an I.D, and... A peculiar rectangular thing that when you push a certain button, it lights up.

Odd, why do I seem to be familiar with this.. thing?

Somehow I knew that the thing was called a "phone". Heck, I even knew how to work it out...

"Woah, isn't this like, a super advanced technology..?" I muttered to myself in awe.

"Ah, the I.D.." I glanced at the I.D.

'Lee Ji Hye' it says.

That must be my new name.

I like this name.

Anyhow, as I was laying down on the uncomfortable futon, I groaned as I felt something hard on my back.

"What.."

I turned to see a book.

"Hmm?"

There's no way I'll be able to sleep after all that happened to me. I guess I should read?

I picked up a book that had "My lovely princess" on it.

"Seems cheesy. But I'll have to make do.." I frowned.

I turned the book around to find read the summary.

As I progressed to every word in the summary, my heart sank.

"No way..." I grinned in disbelief.

"Yeah, there's no way..." I muttered again.

"Or is there..?"

The summary says that the book was about a lovely young lady called 'Jeannette Margarita' who was actually the lost princess of the Obelian empire.

Although I knew reading the book would only cause me misery, I did so anyway.

I was in despair as I read the whole book. It was basically Jeannette's life. I even saw my execution, and what happened after.

Was my death just a mere stepping stone to their happy ending?

But nothing made sense to me. Why did I die? I was framed, but I wasn't even mentioned after my death although it revealed that it wasn't me. Why would the author kill me off? I was the one who helped Jeannette in the palace. Just why..

A tear ran down my cheeks, and the next thing I knew, I was crying.

Although I had more knowledge of what happened, and who actually poisoned Jeannette, I couldn't help but be regretful.

I couldn't believe my life was just to be ended for the sake of Jeannette.

That was when, I'd finally given up on Claude.

Anger, regret, remorse.

I basically cried myself to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

After that night, I decided to not pity myself, but to live the best I could in this life.

I found out that I was an orphan in this life, but I guess this is better than having that bastard Claude as a father.

Years went by, and I finally owned a company that earned millions every month.

I was introverted in my past life, but I learned to socialize well since I needed to do businesses with partners.
I lived a luxurious life, but that doesn't mean I was happy either. I was still lonely.

But one thing I was sure of was that I was definitely happier in this life than my last one.

------------
Present day~

After almost 24 hours of work, I finally got to rest at home.

Throughout the years, I've been having severe chronic insomnia.

I reached for the sleeping pills in my bag.

How much should I take.? Last time, I took 4, but it still didn't help me. Shall I take 5?

I chugged 6 pills all at once.

Not long after, I finally fell asleep.

However, I woke up in a whole new world.. As a ten year old Athanasia?!

"Princess!" A voice called out.

Oh gosh, is that.. Lily?!

"You're awake.." Lily knelt down beside the bed, holding my hand.

"Lily.. " My vision became blurry.

"P-princess?"

Ah, I'm crying...

Oh, how I missed Lily.

I immediately hugged Lily tightly.

"Hic... Lily..."

Lily, I missed you so much.

"P-princess... It's all fine now. " The maid comforted me as she rubs my back.

As I was crying, all of the 10 year old Athanasia's memories came flooding in my mind.

10 year old Athanasia's memories became my own.

After I've calmed down, I asked Lily to have some time by myself in my room.

I have a hunch that 6 pills was a stretch,and so I overdosed.

And.. Apparently before I came in this world, Ten year old Athanasia begged Claude to go on a boat with her, and so she fell and most drowned, but that bastard didn't even bat an eye.

I was saved by Felix, but after that they just walked away.

So I guess she got sick.. And died?

Is.. That why my soul came in her body.?

"You bastard.. Athanasia was here dying yet you didn't even have an ounce of concern for her."