30. Party Time

City-B

From time to time, a siren would ring throughout the city at nighttime. "Emergency alert!" it cried. "A monster has been spotted within the city. Disaster level is Demon! All citizens, please seek shelter in the nearest building!"

As Spider-Blizzard approached the street where the monster was supposed to be located, she started to become more alert.

Spider-Blizzard suddenly paused as she heard a scream. It came from the next street over. It was quickly followed by another one. Spider-Blizzard just clenched her teeth as she quickened her pace towards the source of the noise. No doubt that it came from where the monster would be waiting.

Sure enough, as soon as she turned the corner, she had found what she was looking for. The street and the surrounding buildings had been considerably damaged, as shown through large cracks and small piles of rubble. Several scared citizens were dotted throughout the street. Unfortunately, it seemed like they had been unable to make an escape from the monster. Perhaps they were just too frightened to make a move.

While Spider-Blizzard silently took all of this information in, she continued to scan the area. She would not be satisfied until she found what she was really looking for. Needless to say, it was not long before she spotted the monster off to the side.

Spider-Blizzard eyed the monster from head to toe. From what she could tell, it appeared to be some kind of rhinoceros. It had a large horn on the front of its snout, and it even had the familiar thick gray hide. The only real differences were that this monster stood upright on two feet, and its front legs were actually large arms that ended in human-like hands.

"How about a guy dressed up like a Teddy Bear who gives hugs. Why can't we have that? Just once? A huggable bear that's not a big Rhino or Scorpion." Spider-Blizzard said to herself as she continued to stare at it. Apparently, it had yet to notice her arrival. It appeared to be preoccupied with terrorizing a frightened group of people that cowered before it.

However, even though the monster had yet to notice her, it was not long before the other remaining citizens did.

"Hey, I know you!" cried a man who stood not too far from the girl. "You're Spider-Blizzard!"

Upon hearing this, the other citizens began to perk up.

"A hero is here?"

"Did he say Spider-Blizzard?"

"It's really her!"

"Somebody came to rescue us!"

"We're saved!"

Despite her current situation, Spider-Blizzard couldn't help but smile a little bit under the mask. She actually enjoyed the small amount of praise and attention.

Meanwhile, it seemed like the citizen's cries of happiness had finally reached the ears of the monster. "What's that?" it grunted as it turned around. "A hero?"

Spider-Blizzard saw the monster notice her, and she immediately became alert again. She glared back at the rhinoceros.

In return, the monster just curiously stared back. "You're a hero?" it asked.

Spider-Blizzard confidently crossed her arms as she responded. "That's right, I am Spider-Blizzard." She then paused before continuing. "And you are?"

The monster was silent for a second before it raised its arms up and flexed. "Call me Rhino!" it roared. "My obsession with Rhino's ended up turning me into one!"

Spider-Blizzard's head tilted slightly as she listened. "Rhino, huh?" she repeated to herself. 'Spider-man did mention a guy named Alexander O'Hirn who wore a titanium suit made to look like a Rhinoceros but it looks like this other guy went through a regular transformation instead.'