26. Need A Ride?

"Eurrggggg," Spidey groaned, as he stood on the sidewalk, bent over with an arm protectively curled around his middle in pain. He felt miserable; everything hurt: aches and pains consuming his entire body. He was a little too weak to swing on webs.

Right next to him was Spider-Blizzard, who was pretty much in the same condition as him. Long story short they had a run in with a demon level threat monster, while they were holding back their strength a little because they wanted the people who had witnessed their battle look up to them with hope since the duo wanted them to see the struggles of battle when it comes to being a hero up until they finished it off as a team.

With a moan, Spider-Blizzard lifted her wrist up towards a nearby roof, and pressed her forefingers down on her palm. "Thffftt," was the only sound that came from it though, and Spider-Blizzard looked down at her wrists in confusion. Empty. Her web shooters had run out of fluid from just after she'd tied up the Demon-level monster to the ground just to be sure it wouldn't be able to move even though it was dead, she just wanted to be sure.

Her belts of web cartridges were gone as well so that was not an option.

Spidey sighed, letting his hands drop limply to his side, one curling back around his belly. No energy and a body too injured to leap across roofs; there was only one way for them to get home.

Breathing in another deep sigh, he tentatively moved one foot forward, his limp obvious as he took one tiny, small step. It was not ideal, as he would stand out from a mile away walking through the streets with his tattered gray and black suit.

Carefully, Spider-man and Spider-Blizzard bit back the pain as they began slowly limping down the street.

It wasn't long before he was noticed, as the minute he turned the corner onto a busier road all eyes were on their sad form. Nobody said anything though, as both the wall-crawlers just ignored the silent, concerned attention, as they focused on taking the next step forward, making his way just that little bit further towards home, and to safety.

Spider-Blizzard's arm reached out to the side of buildings occasionally, ghosting over the walls for support, grunts escaping her with each step as her leg throbbed with pain. She was a pitying sight to behold.

Spidey continued this way, ignoring the comments the citizens made to him as he stumbled past, until a small, gray car came up next to them, slowing down to a crawl. The window slid back, revealing the face of a pale skinned, brunet young woman, who was looking at him with concerned blue eyes.

"Spider-man? Spider-Blizzard?" she asked, slightly cautiously, as she eyed their beaten and bruised forms.

Both of them ignored her, just continuing to limp forward.

Slowly, the woman continued to drive the car alongside him.

"Guys?" she said again, firmer this time. "Hey, you look like you need a lift," she continued, trying to gain both the injured web-slingers' attention.

Spidey turned his head to the side slightly, before continuing on. "No thanks," he said simply.

"We're good. Mostly."

"Come on, you're hurt, you could use the help," she stated, but when they didn't reply she tried again. "Look, the seats are soft and I have air con: plus, I won't bother you," she coaxed.

Spider-man huffed a breath as he tried to move away from her. Fubuki could’ve easily healed the both of them with her esper powers but since a certain someone decided to disable them for their own amusement, that was not an option. Mainly when Spider-man did ask her why she hardly doesn't use her powers. She simply replied that she was getting more used to her spider-like abilities so she decided that there was a reason to use her esper abilities to make things more challenging.