10. The Right Choice

Spider-Blizzard spun the man round while simultaneously shooting webs, wrapping him up in a thick cocoon before sticking him to the wall.

She was just in the process of stopping an illegal drug exchange between some shady men, and a bunch of teens in a back alley around one of the poorer parts of New York. She hated it when this happened, kids and other young adults getting mixed up in bad street stuff. There wasn't much he could do about it other than stop them once it had happened though, and hope that the image of the Amazing Spider-Blizzard, and what she represented, would shine a light for them to follow.

Spider-Blizzard leapt up, wrapping her legs around another man's neck, causing him to panic and spin around in shock before Spider-Blizzard leaned her weight backwards, reaching until her hands touched the ground, and flipped over in a back flip, taking the man with her and slamming him into the ground. She quickly showered him with webbing so that he wouldn't be getting up any time soon.

She'd just been chilling out, hanging upside down on a flagpole, and amusing herself with people's reactions and observations of her, when she'd noticed the activity going on in the alley across the road. Who was ever that stupid? But really, it saddens her when people have to waste their lives away doing such low things, only achieving taking up others time to stop them like herself. So instead of being happy watching the little kid who'd been pointing at him and asking random questions - one of which being how he hung upside down without feeling funny - he had to go and deal with them.

Spider-Blizzard sighed. One of the teens, not much younger than herself, had decided to pick up a pipe and have a go at him.

Pulling a threatening face, the boy circled around Spider-Blizzard, practically bouncing on his toes, ready to attack. He swung the pipe with what would have been impressive strength if he'd been up against a normal human, but Spider-Blizzard just caught it with her hand and wrenched it from the boy's grip, before shooting several globs of webbing to attach him to the wall behind him. She then shot one to cover his mouth when he started shouting obscenities.

"Now, now, watch your language. I don't think your parents would be very happy if they heard what you were saying," Spider-Blizzard said, with a slightly authoritarian voice laced with a bit of, was it, disappointment?

Her spider-sense went off, and she turned around just in time to block a punch to the head from another violent teen, and several more that followed, as the teen seemed to be on a desperate adrenalin rush to take him down. They were no match for Spider-Blizzard though, as one quick punch to the jaw knocked him out cold - (although she tried to be as gentle as possible) - right before another one jumped on his back and tried to strangle him. She quickly threw him off and webbed both of them up before he caught movement in the corner of her eye. She spun around with lightning speed and slammed the culprit into the wall with an arm over his chest.

The boy gasped in terror, dropping the pipe one of the previous boys had used with a clatter, and started panting in scattered breaths, his eyes wide with horror as he helplessly tried to cower away from Spider-Blizzard.

"Please! Please, please don't hurt me please. I'm sorry! Please!" He all out screamed, turning his head to the side, avoiding eye contact with Spider-Blizzard, frightened tears beginning to fall from his blue eyes.

Spider-Blizzard stopped instantly, mid punch, staring at the boy in front of her who was about thirteen/fourteen years of age, surprised by the reaction. But that moment cost her, as her spider-sense went off, and one last boy who he'd missed came up behind him, slicing her arm with a knife.

Spider-Blizzard let out a scream, confusing the boy in his grip who hadn't seen the other behind him, before turning around and webbing the knife away, quickly punching the attacker in the face, effectively knocking him out.

Silence finally filled the alley after the last one was down, apart from Spider-Blizzard and the boy's harsh breathing.

"Urgh," Spider-Blizzard voiced, as she held her bleeding arm. She really needs to stop making it a habit to not let herself get distracted like very easily like that, but it wasn't the most important matter right now, as her company was still pressed up against the wall, now shaking, with his eyes following Spider-Blizzard's every move.

"Uh, hey, I really should keep an eye out, ow," Spider-Blizzard said, in her most friendly voice, moving towards the boy.

"Are you going to hurt me?" the boy asked, his voice wavering.

Spider-Blizzard paused a few feet in front of him. "No, I'm not gonna hurt you," she said, shaking her head.

The boy gave him a look of disbelief. "What, why?" he asked.

Spider-Blizzard cocked her head in a friendly manner. "Because you said please," she said, as if it was obvious.

The boy just gasped in shock. "But, but I deserve it. I tried to hurt you and-and was trying to buy drugs," he said, before looking down and breaking into tears, his whole posture dropping, all previous fear and shaking gone.

Spider-Blizzard instantly took a few slow steps forward, and wrapped his arms around the boy, holding him tight as he cried. "It's alright," she said, "it's alright."

They seemed to stand like that for ages before they finally pulled away, the kid wiping his eyes with his sleeve. "You're bleeding!" he suddenly said.

Spider-Blizzard felt confused for a second, before looking down at her arm. "Oh right," she said. She'd completely forgotten about it. "It's nothing," she reassured, before looking up to find the boy was no longer in front of him. A noise suddenly sounded from further down the alley, and he turned to find him rummaging through a backpack that had been left there.

"Here," He said, as he grabbed something from the bag and ran back over to Spider-Blizzard. "It's not much, but it's all I have," he added, as he began opening up a long bandaid. He reached for Spider-Blizzard's arm, but he pulled back.

"No really, I'm fine. It'll heal in a few hours," She said, but the boy proceeded.

Grabbing her arm he pulled it back a bit to reveal the cut, before quickly pulling a clean handkerchief from his jean pocket, expressing a look of concentration as he dabbed at the wound.

Spider-Blizzard hissed as the boy cleaned away the blood and grime, before he pulled out the bandaid from its package, and placed it with extreme care on Spider-Blizzard's wound. "There," he said. It fit perfectly.

Spider-Blizzard moved her arm around for a bit, examining it, before responding. "Huh, thanks," she said, feeling the small light brown object.

"No problem," the boy replied. "It was my fault you got hurt, soo..."

They both just stood there in awkward silence for a moment.

"Well, would you like me to swing you home?" Spider-Blizzard suddenly asked, looking at him almost questioningly.

"Why would you do that?" The boy said, looking up at her. "I'm the bad guy aren't I?" he asked, raising his voice.

"Not necessarily," Spider-Blizzard replied calmly with reassurance in her voice, "That's up to you. It's your choice. It just depends on whether you really want to be the bad guy or not, and whether you make the right decision. Nothing is set in stone," she said, watching him.

The boy just looked at Spider-Blizzard curiously, before creasing his eyebrows. "Really?" he asked.

"Really," Spider-Blizzard replied, smiling slightly under the mask.

The boy looked down. "Ok," he said. "I thought I had to do this to fit in with my friends, and that it was the only way, but I can't. I can't do it!" he said, before running back to his bag and violently throwing something out that looked suspiciously much like drugs, then slinging it over his shoulders and walking back towards Spider-Blizzard, who had a proud smile hidden under the mask.

"No more," the boy said, before hopping onto Spider-Blizzard's back.

Spider-Blizzard lifted him up to get a better grip. "Good choice," she said. "So, where to kiddo?" she asked, with a lively chirp in her voice.

The boy gave him the address and she took off down the street - making sure to web the drugs that had been thrown away for the police to find - leaving behind a bunch of moaning, webbed up crooks for the police to take care of and handle once they were in custody.