6. The Young Hero

Finally, after what seemed like an age, he reached his still-open window, and stopped, panting for breath, but he couldn't wait there. Propping Spider-Blizzard against the wall, he reached up and climbed to the window, before turning around and leaning down to once again grasp Spider-Blizzard under the arms, and began to heave her up.

He strained, grunting audibly, as he desperately tried with all his might to lift Spider-Blizzard. Luckily for him, Spider-Blizzard was slightly lighter than your average human being, and with nothing less than a miracle, Oliver somehow managed to lift him up enough to drag his upper half partly through the window. Shifting so that he was perched in the windowsill, he began pushing Spider-Blizzard's body through, panting and gasping as he did. But just before he was entirely in, he stopped. He ran over to his bed and grabbed two pillows, before running back again and placing them on the ground below where Spider-Blizzard's middle would land, then he tucked himself behind Spider-Blizzard's head, and pulled.

Spider-Blizzard's hips and legs slipped through the window in one go, and she fell softly onto the pillows, his head safely cradled by Oliver. Jumping up again, he began to pull him further into the centre of the room, and lay him there.

Running back as fast as he could, he grabbed the window, and pulled it shut.

Immediately, the room was filled with silence, with nothing being heard other than the faint patter of the slowly easing rain from outside, and Oliver's panicked breaths. They were safe now, enclosed in the boy's encased room. Nothing could get at them here. Not in his space.

Quickly remembering his guest, Oliver once again grabbed the pillows from where they lay, and ran back to the hero (with them flopping all over the place) before he crashed to the ground. Tenderly, he lifted Spider-Blizzard's middle and placed one under where he was hurt, stuffing it in, before he rested him back down. Then, he moved to Spider-Blizzard's head, which he proceeded to pick up as he tucked the pillow under his neck, carefully resting him on it. After that, he moved to his side, and shook at the hero again - even though it was useless - his eyes pleading, voice whining; begging him to wake up.

He sat there, exhausted, not knowing what to do or completely understanding the situation. Slowly, his eyes started to become heavy, and before he knew it, his head was drooping down, until it finally came to rest on Spider-Blizzard's chest. His eyes slipped shut.

Oliver was suddenly awoken by a jarring sound, along with being disturbed as the thing beneath him moved, jostling him.

He was confused for a second - blinking his tired blue eyes of sleep before the memories all flooded back.

Jumping up, he looked down at Spider-Blizzard's form lying on his carpeted floor, watching as her chest rose and fell unevenly, and hearing the slightly strained wheeze in his breath as he shifted uncomfortably. Whimpers of pain emerged from Spider-Blizzard's throat, and she suddenly coughed harshly, a gloved hand unconsciously moving to his stomach.

Oliver swallowed, eyes full of empathy, and he moved forward, arms wrapping around his hero's neck, face buried in the curve under his chin, as he tried to comfort him, but something was wrong. Spider-Blizzard felt hot, really hot. He placed a tiny hand on his hero's forehead, and could immediately feel the heat radiating off it in waves.

Feeling distressed, Oliver looked around his room, trying to come up with any idea of what might help her feel better, before he then got up, and ran over to a brown cupboard. Rummaging around for a moment, he messed with its contents, before emerging with a small plastic box with a handle.

Kneeling down beside the arachnid, he opened the lid, revealing a tiny, toy doctor's kit inside. Leaving it there, he then left the room, quietly shutting the door behind him.