3. Random Attack

Both were at Fubuki's old headquarters. After a long night of hanging out with her former team like watching movies, discussing hero work. They headed to Fubuki's old room.

It was early. She was hungover. Something about being around him made her forget about the morning after, about the sugar in the wine and the bad sleep she would get. He was making her laugh all night, making love to her on and off until they both fell asleep still fully clothed, and drunk.

He had been drinking too, but she was certain he would wake up with a clear head and no pain in his limbs. Bastard. With his high metabolism and his perfect scared body. He didn't have to worry about all that sugar.

She wanted to get up and take a hot shower to try and loosen her stiff joints and soothe her aching head, but she was pinned beneath him. Pleasantly, willingly. His snoring used to bother her, when first they began their relationship, but now it only pulled her back to sleep.

Not this morning, though. She wiggled, trying to wake him with the feeling of her breasts pushed against him. Nothing. She arched her neck, awkwardly, to kiss his temple. Nothing.

“Spider-man,” she mumbled into his ear as he lay on top of her. “Web-head...”

“Hnh?” he grunted, opening his eyes and easing into that offended stare. He smiled when he saw her, laughing through her discomfort. “Oh. H-hey Fubuki. Good morning.”

“Good morning,” she echoed, letting him roll off of her to lay by her side. “I feel like I got hit by a bus.”

He looked blankly at the ceiling, as if gauging his own state. “I feel fine. Aside from the vivid nightmares slowly pushing me towards madness. I feel great.”

“First; That's really fucked up but at least since you have a unbreakable will that's what counts. Second; We know you have a high tolerance to alcohol.” she sighed.

“I just need to drink an excessive amount for it to affect me. Do you want green tea?” he asked sweetly, as if he had ever needed one.

“No, that's okay. I'll probably settle for coffee.”

“I love you,” he said, always out of the blue.

“I love you,” she repeated, bringing herself into the curve of his body. But he did not respond in such a way, cradled her instead, patting gently her throbbing head.

He got up to make coffee and breakfast which was eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes.

She got in the shower, letting the too-hot water wash away the sweat and the crusted-on makeup. She stood there for a while, not even bothering to wash herself, just swaying, lightheaded and maybe still a little drunk. She started when she heard the door creak open.

“I smell bad,” she heard him say. “Can I come in there?”

“Sure,” she replied, grabbing for the sweetly-scented soap.

“It's hot,” he noted, holding one hand under the thick stream of water. He took the soap from her, like he was confiscating it, and she furrowed her brow.

“Wh-”

“I'll take care of it.” he smiled, rubbing the soap bar on his hands. “Just relax.”

She blushed as he ran his soapy hands over her back. To him it was no kind of seduction; he was doing a nice gesture. Mostly he was naive, sweet, funny, and adorable. Fubuki smiled at that because those were the kind of traits that she liked about Spider-man/Michael.

He actually started to sing which came to a surprise to Fubuki as she embraced him in her arms while she and Michael both held each other as they slowly swayed back and forth as the warm water dropped over their bodies, "~I can see every tear you've cried. Like an ocean in your eyes. All the pain and the scars have left you cold. I can see all the fears you face. Through a storm that never goes away. Don't believe all the lies that you've been told. I'll be right here now. To hold you when the sky falls down
I will always be the one who took your place. When the rain falls I won't let go. I'll be right here. I will show you the way back home. Never leave you all alone. I will stay until the morning comes. I'll show you how to live again. And heal the brokenness within. Let me love you when you come undone. I'll be right here now. To hold you when the sky falls down I will always be the one who took your place. When the rain falls I won't let go. I'll be right here. When daybreak seems so far away. Reach for my hand. When hope and peace begin to fray. Still I will stand. Right here now. To hold you when the sky falls down I will always be the one who took your place. When the rain falls I won't let go. When the rain falls I won't let go. I'll be right here~."