27. Revenge

"No way."

"Chicken."

"I'm not a chicken!" Spider-man said, holding the glob of wasabi between his chopsticks.

Fubuki scrunched her face up, suspicious of his claims, "it's just a little wasabi, it'll be fun!"

"How does eating a ball of pure wasabi sound fun to you? In what world is that fun?" he sniffed the green paste and made a face. "I barely put this stuff on my sushi for a reason."

She rolled her eyes. It had to be going on around midnight and she grabbed them sushi. "Yeah, I hate spicy things."

"Me too."

"So on the count of three." She gathered her glob on her chopsticks and held it in front of her mouth. "One-"

He shook his head, "this is gonna be a huge mistake."

"Two-"

"Why am I letting you talk me into this?"

"Three!"

Spider-man put his glob in his mouth and Fubuki threw her wasabi behind her shoulder before shoving her bare chopsticks in her mouth.

His eyes began watering immediately. "Oh my god!" he gasped. He squeezed his eyes shut. "It's stuck to the roof of my mouth!"

Fubuki laughed silently, biting her chopsticks to keep herself quiet.

"Ah ah ah!" He panted, fanning himself, then he cracked his eyes open and looked over at her. "How are you not dying right now!?"

She laughed despite nearly biting the tip of her chopsticks clean off. His look of shock made it even harder to reel herself back in.

"You didn't do it!?" he asked, he stood up and spit out what he could onto the roof top below them. "Why didn't you do it? I did it!"

Fubuki took her chopsticks out of her mouth and looked at him pitifully. "Spider-man, it's a whole glob of wasabi," she said, smirking.

Saliva was dripping from his mouth in impressive volumes. While holding his face over the edge of the billboard they were perched on he glared at her. "I am very aware that it's a whole glob of wasabi," he sprayed.

She scooted away cackling. "I don't even like hot things, why would I do that?" she asked with innocence.

"Because I did it?" Spider-man asked in disbelief.

"Eh," Fubuki said with a half shrug, "if your friend jumped off a cliff would you jump too?"

He paused his spitting abruptly, and then looked at her with an obviously forced calm face. All too casual for someone who was tricked into coating the inside of their mouth with wasabi.

"Of course I would. In a New York heartbeat." Spider-man said quickly, spitting a final time and wiping his mouth off.

"Figured you would."

Spider-man awkwardly stood up, "We should head back," he said with his eyes still watering.

Fubuki stood up too, brushing the dirt off her elegant dress. "Indeed we shall."

"Do this again sometime?" he asked, pulling down his mask. "Just not tricking me into torturing myself," he added.

She smirked. "Maybe, but I did enjoy that last bit."

He gave her a fake smile under the mask. "I'm gonna kick your hot ass for that, I will have my revenge." he said too kindly.

"Ooooh I'm shaking in my boots." she cooed as she gave a fake shiver.