Chapter 30 - The bait

Me and Newt had fell asleep together and the next morning I woke up by the sunlight. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, adjusting my eyes to the light.

'Morning.' Newt said with his morning voice.

'Hey.' I got up and got dressed, so did Newt. Together we walked to the kitchen and Frypan gave us some food. It were scrambled eggs with a small piece of breath. We thanked him and walked towards Minho and Thomas.

'Hey, guys.' Minho said. 'Hey Raven, long no see.' He looked at me.

'Hey.' I sat down.

'Ready for running today?' Thomas asked.

'Yeah.' I quickly ate my food and got ready to go run. Before I left Newt handed me a plastic bag with some sandwiches in it.

'Thanks.' I smiled and kissed him. 'Bye.' I walked away.

~

I was getting tired of the fact that section seven was still closed, but it would open in one day.
I ran in section three and saw that nothing was different. The day went by kind of fast and soon I was back in the Glade again.

'Raven!' Minho came running towards me. 'There's something with Alby.' He said trough his breaths.

I quickly followed Minho who rushed over to the hospital room.

Alby was sitting on one of the beds, staring at the ground.

'Alby, are you alright?' Newt sat down next to him, but Alby didn't react.

'Hey, Alby.' Thomas bend down in front of Alby.
'We are really close to finding a way out of the maze. You hear me? We're getting out of here.'

Everyone stayed silent.

'We can't.' Alby suddenly said. 'We can't leave. They won't let us.' He said quietly.

'What are you taking about?' Thomas looked at us confused.

'I remember.'

I saw Frypan and Gally give each other a glance.

'What do you remember?' Thomas asked.

'You.' Alby paused and looked at Thomas. 'You were always there favorite, Thomas.' I saw a tear falling down his cheek. 'Always.'

Suddenly I heard a few boys shouting things from outside. I looked at Newt and we rushed outside.

'What's happening?' Newt asked some of the boys that were running around.

'The Doors. They aren't closing.' One of the boys said panicked, and then they continued running.

'Chuck, go to the Homestead before the Griev-.' Thomas got interrupted by a loud scream coming from the Doors. A Griever had entered the Glade.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound. I turned my head and saw another big door opening in the maze.

'What-.' I got interrupted by another door opening, and then another one. Four doors were opened now, and Grievers were coming out of all four.

'Raven!' Newt handed me a pole and I got closer to him. 'We have to get to the Homestead.' He said.

I nodded and we started running. Chuck, Thomas, Teresa and Minho were following us. When we were almost there a Griever suddenly blocked the door.

'Quick!' Minho shouted and he ran towards the gardens, all of us followed.

We ran trough the corn fields, and stopped running after a while. We stayed as close to the ground as possible and we were all quiet.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound and someone was pulled up by the Griever it's arm.