Chapter 8 - Prank

I got my breakfast and sat down next to Minho. Today would be my second day as a Runner and I would be running with Minho again. We ate our breakfast.
When we were done we started walking towards the maze Doors.
It was early so not everyone was awake yet. I loved the mornings in the Glade. They were just so quiet and peaceful.

The Doors began to open and I followed Minho inside the maze. This time I tried to remember which way we went so I could know the way back. Minho and I didn't talk a lot while running. Not that I really wanted to, I liked the silence. The other Gladers might've found the maze a dangerous place, but for me it was peaceful and calm.

I looked at the ivy that was covering the grey walls. I was still looking at the wall when I suddenly saw red letters. I immediately stopped running and walked towards the wall. After a few seconds Minho noticed that I stopped running.

'What the shuck are you doing?'

'Just taking a look.'

I moved the ivy to the side to take a better look at the letters.

'World in catastrophe killzone experiment department.' It said.

'What does it mean?' I turned around with a questioning look on my face.

'We don't know. Just some stupid thing the people who sent us here wrote I guess.'

I looked at it one time and followed Minho again. After a while we sat down to eat our lunch.

'What do you think about the Glade, Greenie?' Minho asked before taking a bite of his sandwich.

'A little weird at the beginning but it's okay now.'

'Yeah, I personally think it's normal to live in a maze but you know.' Minho said sarcastically.

I smiled and continued eating my food. After ten minutes we were both done and ready to run again.

'We need to get back already.'

'Sure.' This time I ran next to Minho because I remembered the way back a little. After a while I saw the ivy I cut off earlier so I knew which way to go.

'Did you ever see a Griever?' The question just popped in my head.

'Yeah, I did.' Minho answered. 'Not so fun.'

'What do they look like?' I asked.

'They have some kind of metal legs and lots of spikes on their back.'

'Like that?' I pointed at a corner behind Minho. My eyes opened wider.

'Exactly like that. Beautiful creatures aren't they? Let's get out of here now should we?'

I nodded still a little shocked and ran a little faster then before. The Griever wouldn't stop me from going into the maze tomorrow, but I had to admit; it looked scary.

I looked behind me and saw that the Griever wasn't following us, but I kept running. After thirty minutes we arrived in the Glade right on time, because the doors closed five minutes after we got there. Me and Minho got dinner and joined Newt, who was sitting alone.

'Y'all are bloody late. What happened?' He asked.

'We saw our little pet.' Minho said.

'Yeah it was really nice to pet him, but he was a little spikey, though.' I added.

'Wow y'all are being really funny, shanks.' Newt clearly didn't seem to like us joking about a griever.

Minho shrugged and continued eating.
By now I was sure the dreams were memories and it seemed like Newt didn't tell anyone about it.

Dinner wasn't really interesting. We talked about a few things that had happened today but nothing special. When I was done eating I gave my plate to Frypan and decided I would go for a shower. I walked to my room and got undressed. Then I wrapped a white towel around my body and got to the bathroom.

The bathroom was very simple. There was a shower and next to that a toilet, in front of the toilet was a sink. The shower had a blue shower curtain.

I turned on the water. While I waited for it to get warm I checked if there was a lock on the bathroom. There wasn't. I didn't get why they didn't get a lock, but at least there was a shower curtain.

After a few minutes the water was warm and I got in. I was happy that the Glade had got warm water.
I saw a bottle of soap so I quickly washed my hair and body and then got out.

I dried myself with the towel and wrapped it around my body again. I got out of the bathroom and walked into my room to get dressed. I closed the door behind me and wanted to get my clothes but I didn't see them. Huh? I was sure I put them on my chair. I looked under the blanket, under my bed and in the closet but couldn't find them.
I walked back to the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around my body. I also didn't see my clothes there.

'Looking for something?' I suddenly heard. I turned around and saw Minho standing on the stairs. He was holding my clothes.

'Minho are you serious! Give me my clothes!'

'Hmmm, I'll think about it.' Minho walked down the stairs and got outside.

I followed Minho in my white towel without wearing anything under it. I wasn't even wearing shoes!
When I got outside I saw Minho standing next to a picknick table. Newt was next to him.

'Come on Newt, tell him to give my clothes!' I shouted while walking towards them.

'Maybe later.' Newt said with a smirk on his face.

'Nice towel, Raven!' Minho shouted.

'Shut up!'
I started walking a little faster. It was kind of funny at the beginning but I wanted my clothes back now.

When I got closer I tried to take the clothes from Minho but he moved his hand before I could reach them.

'Minho!' I shouted.

'Tell me Newt, what should we do with these?' Minho held my clothes above his head.

'I'd say you give them back.' I said.

'Sorry Newt, what did you say again?' Minho asked, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and jumped to get my clothes but I couldn't reach them. Minho threw all the clothes to Newt and he catched them.

I started walking to Newt, but he ran away and I quickly followed him. I was literally running after him to get my clothes. I ran a little bit faster what made me get in front of him. I let myself fall so he would trip over me. It worked as I planned.. sort of.

Newt was lying on top of me while looking at me. I smiled and quickly snatched my clothes out of his hand while he was still on top of me.

'You know I'm wearing a towel with nothing under it right?' I looked at him.

'Huh? Oh yeah of course.' His cheeks turned red as he quickly got off me and helped me up.

I walked back to my room and put on my clothes leaving the boys behind. When I was done I heard a knock in the door.

'Come in!' I said.

It was Minho.

'Here you go, shank.' He threw my pyjama at me that they apparently also stole.

'Thanks.'

Minho closed the door again and I decided I would just go asleep so I put on my pyjama.

I got into my bed and closed my eyes.

Next time I'll get them.

~

A/n: Hey! This chapter is a little short because I didn't have a lot of time. I hope you enjoyed tho!

I've almost got 30 readers yay!