Chapter 12 - 'Oops'

Thomas POV

It was horrible seeing Raven like this.

'You can't do this!' I had shouted earlier to doctor Paige. It was unfair.

'Thomas, you need to understand that it is all part of the trials. We need to see how she reacts to this.' Doctor Paige had said.

'Convincing her to not eat anything?! That's your plan? Making her slowly crazy?' I was mad.

Doctor Paige didn't say anything else. I walked out of the room shutting the door behind me. How could they do this to her, Those voices, the memories. I couldn't watch her like this.

~

Newt's POV

The next morning me and Minho were already eating breakfast when Raven joined us.

'Hey.' She said while sitting down. She tucked her dark hair behind her ears and smiled. I could see the freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her perfect green-brownish eyes. They were beautiful and I felt like I could stare at them for hours. And then there is the way she-

My thinking was cut off when I heard a small cough coming from my right. I looked over and saw Minho raising his eyebrows while smirking at me.

I give him a 'what?' look and focused on my food again.

'We have a day off today.' Minho said.

'Really?' Raven asked.

'Yeah. Once a week we get a day off.' Minho replied.

'Sound great.' Raven said.

'Mhh, these eggs taste delicious.' Minho said.
'Why don't you have them?' Minho looked at Raven.

On her plate was just one single sandwich. I looked at her food and then at Raven. I locked eyes with here and raised my eyebrows.
She sighed lightly and took the sandwich in her hands, taking small bites. She didn't look very happy. I heard her feet tapping as she was still looking down eating.

I finished my own food after a few minutes and saw that Raven hadn't finished hers yet. I saw her close her eyes for a second or two and then open them again. After she finished eating she got up walking towards the homestead without even saying goodbye.

~

Raven's POV

'Mhh, these eggs taste delicious.' Minho said. 'Why don't you have them?' He looked at me. I shrugged and looked at my plate. I don't wanna eat. The voice was completely away and it was just me saying it to myself. I'll start eating later but not now.

I looked up and saw Newt looking at me. He looked down at my plate and raised his eyebrows as if he was telling me to eat it.
I sighed a little, grabbed the sandwich and took a small bite. It felt weird, like I wasn't supposed to do this.

Stop. Stop. Stop, I thought, repeating it in my head again and again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I finally finished the sandwich and felt disgusting. The guilt I felt was horrible. I got up and walked to the Homestead leaving the boys behind.

~

I almost ran to the bathroom and threw up. Ew. At least the food is out.

I sighed and cleaned everything up. Why am I like this? I got up and went to get my dagger. Before I even knew what I was doing there were a few cuts on my wrists. Relief.