Chapter 16 - Day off

'Hey Chuck.' I joined him the next morning.

'Hi Raven!' He said happy. I liked the kid, he's so positive and sweet. He could make me smile any time.

It surprised me that Chuck was already up. Most of the time only the Runners had to wake up before everyone else, because the Doors open early.

I saw Alby walking towards us.

'Morning, guys. Y'all have a day off today.' He said before walking back to the Homestead.

'That's great!' I smiled at Chuck. 'I'm done eating, I'll see you later, Chuck!'

I walked to the Homestead to see if my room was almost done. I didn't really mind sleeping in the same room as Newt, I really liked it actually, but I still want my own room back though.

'Hey Gally.' I greeted him. Apparently he was already up.

'Hey Raven. You're room is almost done.'

'Oh that's great, thanks!' I smiled at him.

I walked to the bathroom to go to the toilet. I looked down and saw the red stains. My period had started again. I guess it starts around the time a new Greenie comes up. I quickly put my pants on again and walked to the Box.
I looked around and saw the little box I was looking for. There was a note on it 'Raven.'
I grabbed the box and got to Newt's room, gladly Newt wasn't in there. I opened the box and saw things like deodorant, pads and hair ties. I grabbed the pad and used it.

~

Me, Newt and Minho were eating lunch.

'God, I love days off.' Minho stretched his arms.

'Yeah me too.' Newt said.

I felt the cramps in my lower stomach getting worse every minute.

'I'm gonna sleep for a while.' I got up and left Newt and Minho behind.

I walked upstairs to Newt his room. Quickly I put on different pants and got under the sheets.

'Hey,' I heard a door open. 'Are you okay?' I looked up and saw Newt.

'Yeah, I just don't feel well.'

'Alright.' He sat down on my bed. 'Everything else okay?'

'Yeah, Newt. Don't worry about it, I've got it under control.' I answered.

'That's great.' He smiled. 'I'll leave you alone now.'  He walked away and closed the door behind him.

~

Newt's POV

I walked around in the Glade for a while, helping around even though I had a day off. I already helped Alby with moving some boxes.

'Yo, Shank.' I felt two hands on my shoulders as I stood next to one of the picknick tables.
I turned around and saw Minho.

'Hey.' I replied.

'So, tell me,' Minho started. 'What do you think about Raven?' He asked. I was a little confused by the sudden question.

'What do you mean?' I frowned.

'Oh, you know what I mean.' Minho put his arms over each other.

'Yeah I like her, but not in that way, Minho.'

'Mhm of course.' He raised his eyebrows. 'I think,' He pointed his finger on my chest.' I think that you are in love with her.'

'What?' I asked. I'm not in love with Raven...right? Am I? I can't be. We're in a shucking maze! And she doesn't even like me in that way. She said it herself.

'You know, the way you look at her, help her with everything, laugh at everything she says.' Minho said. 'Do I need to continue?'

'Alright I get it Minho. I just want her to be save since she's the only girl.' I felt my cheeks heating.

'We'll see.' Minho ended the conversation and as soon as he did I saw Raven walking towards me.

~

Raven's POV

'Hey Newt.' I walked over to him.

'Oh uh, hi.' He scratched the back of his neck.

'Something wrong?' I asked since he acted a little nervous.

'No.' He said fast. 'How about you? Are you feeling better?' He changed the subject.

'Oh, I'm alright.' I said slightly confused since Newt changed the subject so quickly.

'I'll see you at dinner then.' I said.

For the rest of the day I just walked around the Glade and talked to a few boys for a while.

~

'Hey, Fry.' I said. 'What's for dinner?'

'Spaghetti. We got those ingredients last time and it's the first time I made it in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy!' He said as he gave me the plate.

I thanked him and walked to Minho and Newt, to join them.

'Hey guys.' I sat down.

'Hey, Shortie.' Minho responded. Newt didn't say anything and looked down at his food.

'You okay, Newt?' I asked.

He looked up and nodded. His cheeks were red.

'Newt,' Minho sighed. 'I told you I was right.'

Newt gave him a dirty look and focused on his food again.

'Right about what?' I asked while taking a bite.

'Ask Newt.' Minho smirked.

I looked at Newt with a questioning look on my face but he just shrugged.

~

A/n: this is short but whateverrr!