Chapter 23 - Recognize

I was slowly recovering from everything that had happened in the maze and it was already three weeks from when it happend. I would help Newt in the gardens almost everyday and tomorrow it would be Greenie day.

~

'I'm going to sleep.' I was sitting next to Newt for about half an hour now, but I was getting tired.

'Of course, love. I'll come with you.' He got up and I followed him to his room. I was still sleeping there, because Newt convinced Alby because 'it would be better that I wouldn't sleep alone and I needed help walking' and stuff. Minho definitely knew that wasn't the reason, but a mad look from Newt made him shut his mouth.

'How are you feeling?' He asked once we arrived at his room.

'I'm alright.' I smiled. 'What about you?' I asked out of interest.

'Yeah, me too.' Newt said.

'I'm gonna put pajamas on.' I grabbed my pajamas and walked to the bathroom. I quickly put them on and brushed my teeth.

When I got back in Newt's room he was sitting on his bed, wearing grey shorts and a beige sweater.

'Hey.' I sat next to him.

'Hey.'

We were silent for a moment. 'When can I run in the maze again?' I asked. I had been working in the gardens for three weeks, and I was not good at it, so I preferred running.

Newt was surprised. 'Do you really wanna go in there again? After what happened?!' He seemed a little mad already.

'Yeah.. I just wanna get out of here.' I said.

'You're not completely healed yet.'

'No, but it won't take that long until I do.'

'I won't let you go in there again.

'But I want to.'

'I won't let you.

'You can't force me.'

'I'm the second in command, if I want I can force you.' Newt looked at me.

'Okay then, second in command.' I got closer to him.

'Raven, that's not going to change my mind.' Newt said as I got closer to him.

'Really?' I looked him in the eyes and got even closer.

'I don't know what you're try-.' Before Newt could finish his sentence I pulled him in a kiss.

'Good night.' I smirked and got in my own bed.

~

I woke up by the loud, but familiar sound. The Box.

I saw that Newt was still asleep, so I quickly got dressed. I don't know how Newt was able to sleep trough that awful noise. I put my hands on Newt's shoulders and shaked him lightly, hoping he would wake up. I heard a few groans and then he opened his eyes. His blonde hair was very messy, like every morning.

'Sorry, but the Box is coming up!' I said.

'Alright, I'll be there in a second.' Newt said with his morning voice and I have to say, his morning voice sounded very good.

I walked to the Box and saw a few boys already standing there.

'Hey, Chuck.' I greeted him.