Chapter 29 - I love you

I woke up and looked at my watch.

5:55 a.m.

Shuck! I'm late.

I quickly got up and got dressed as fast as I could. When I walked away I saw that Newt was still in his bed. I got outside and immediately walked to the Doors without eating anything.

While walking towards the Doors I saw that Minho and Thomas ran into the maze. A few seconds later I did too.

~

Nothing had changed in the maze. Section seven was still closed and nothing else was different, just like every other day. It was getting bored to run in the everyday without anything special happening, but I couldn't do anything about it.

When I got out of the maze I walked to the Map Room and made some notes. Then I looked trough all the papers to see if something was different or strange, but it was all normal.

I did some last researches and when I got out of the Map Room it was already dark outside. I walked to Newt' and my room and got to sleep.

I didn't talk to anyone today. I had to rush in the morning and after that I was in the Map Room, Newt wasn't in his room yet. I just went to sleep on my own.

~

The next day I woke up an hour before the Doors opened. I tried to fall asleep again, but I couldn't. I got out of my bed and did my hair, got dressed and brushed my teeth. When I got outside no one was there and the sun wasn't up yet.

I walked to the kitchen to get some food, because it had been a while since I ate something. When I got there I noticed the lack of food. There were just a few breads left and some fruits. If this was all we have then we can't last more than two weeks.

I decided it would be better to spare Chuck some more food so I went outside again. I needed to wait half an hour more until the Doors would open, so I went for a walk.

I walked around the whole Glade and trough the forest, and it slowly started to get lighter. I heard more voices and sounds coming from the Homestead.

I looked at my watch and saw that the Doors would open in one minute, so I started walking towards them. Just when I arrived they opened and I got in.

~

Nothing had changed again. It was all the same and I was getting bored. I sighed and got in the Map Room. None of the Runners were there, so I was alone. I mapped some things and looked at the papers again, even though I would never find anything new.

After a while I got up again. Should I go to the boys?

I saw all of them sitting around a fire. I looked around and saw that it was already getting dark.

I need sleep, I've got to wake up early tomorrow.

I sneaked into the Homestead without anyone noticing, and fell asleep.

Newt's POV

I woke up and looked besides me. Raven wasn't there and she also wasn't lying in her own bed. I got dressed quickly and walked outside, just to see Raven disappear into the maze.

I sighed and started working.

~

'Hey.' I joined Minho, Chuck, Teresa and Thomas for dinner. Frypan had made us a small meal, our plates were filled with a piece of bread and some soup.

After a while I was starting to wonder where Raven was.

'Where's Raven?' I asked no one in particular.