Chapter 9 - 'Salty'

The next day would be the last day that I would be running with Minho since tomorrow I was allowed to run alone.

I got up and got dressed. I basically didn't have much clothes. I had green pants and a long sleeved black top, black shorts and a blue top, and shorts with a white hoodie. Those were the clothes I wore while running, sleeping or anything besides that. I put on my running clothes (black shorts and blue top) and headed to the kitchen.

Not everyone was awake yet, just a few runners and Frypan.

'Morning, Fry!' I greeted Frypan while he gave me my food.

'Hey Raven. Did you sleep well?' He asked me.

'Yeah I did. Thanks for the food!'

I walked towards Minho and Ben who were already eating.

'Hey, guys.' I sat down next to Minho.

'Morning.' Minho replied.

'Do you like being a Runner, Greenie?' Ben asked me.

'Yeah it's great! And when are y'all gonna stop calling me Greenie?' I asked.

'When there's a new Greenie. That'll be in like two weeks.' Minho said.

'Alright.'

I ate my breakfast. After that me and Minho walked to the maze doors. We waited for them to open like we did the last two days. When they opened Minho immediately ran in so I did too. It was the same as the last two days and there wasn't anything special. Me and Minho didn't run the same route everyday since the maze changed. I already knew quite well how the maze worked.

~

The day wasn't interesting, me and Minho arrived back in the Glade  on time and got our dinner. It was basically the same everyday but that didn't bother me, since I liked to run.

While running in the maze I came up with a plan to get 'revenge' on Minho and Newt. Without Minho noticing it I sneaked into the kitchen. I saw that it was almost Newt his turn to get food so I grabbed the salt from the kitchen counter and put a lot on Newt his food. I did the same thing to Minho's without them noticing it. Frypan saw it but he didn't say anything about it and just gave me a smile.

'Hey Raven. We are gonna have a bonfire tonight!' Alby walked over to me.

'Ooh! That's great!' I smiled at him.

I grabbed my own plate and walked to Newt and Minho trying to hold my laugh. I managed to keep quiet. I ate my food while watching Newt bring the food to his mouth. He took a bite struggling to keep his face straight.

'Newt, you okay, man?' Minho asked. He hadn't taken a bite yet. 'You look like you just saw a Griever.'

'Yeah, the food is just a little... salty.' He managed to say.

Minho shrugged and also putted food in his mouth. His face grew gloomy and he spit the food out.

'What the shuck.' He said with a sour look on his face while looking at his food.

I put my hand on my mouth trying to stop myself from laughing. Minho and Newt still had a weird look on their faces when they turned to me.

'Mmh, this food is delicious.' I looked at Newt while taking a bite of my food.

'You know more about this, Greenie?' Minho said.

'No.' I looked at them with innocent eyes.

Newt turned to look at Frypan who had a big smile on his face.

'Raven! I know you did it!' Newt turned to look at me again but I already ran away.

I looked behind me and saw that Newt and Minho both got up and ran after me. After a while I had enough and stopped running.

'Got ya.' I said with a smirk.

'Yeah yeah, we get it.' Newt said catching his breath.

'Anyways, Alby said there will be a bonfire tonight!' I told them.

'That's great. I'll see you around then.' Minho walked away leaving me and Newt behind.

'So you haven't got any other memories right?' He asked me.

'Nope.' I gave Newt a small smile.

'Alright.' Newt looked at me for a few seconds. 'I'll see you at the bonfire, bye.' He smiled and walked towards the homestead.

~

A/n: Hey! Sorry that I didn't update for a while! This is kind of short but the next chapter is gonna be longer I think.

I know that these chapters might be a little boring, but there will be some interesting things soon :) I'll probably add some action and maybe a little romance. There are also gonna be some other things, but I'll give you a warning before every chapter about that!