Corruption

Chapter Eighty-Three~ Corruption

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

"Daeron would you listen to me?!" Rhaella groaned.
Her brother stood making faces at Vissera by the base of her crib. "This is important."

"Does this place not give you the crawls?" Daeron questioned, turning to the mantle, specifically the mirror to fix his hair. "I swear I saw a man on fire yesterday, walking through the halls he was groaning and cursing the place."

"Daeron." Rhaella said again, annoyed at her brothers attention span.

"My septa used to tell me tales of this place. She said that every family who ruled it would die, their line drying out like a crop on a summer day." Daeron said, examining one of the candle holders. "She said the first king of Harrenhall was a brute of a man, and thought he could withstand Dragon flame." He ignored the look his sister gave him. "Evidently not because Aegon and his sisters set him aflame."

"Daeron." Aemonds tone was warning.

"Would you please listen." Rhaella sighed.

Daeron rolled his eyes, before sitting down on the bed. "I am listening!" He defended.

Aemond rolled his eyes, and went for Vissera's crib. He lifted the silver babe into his arms, and rocked her gently.

"You will find them in Braavos." Rhaella began, she hurried for some parchment and ink, and began scribbling down words. "The house is white stone, with a red roof to match the door. It's on a hill side, but it is by no means a farmers home." She thought then how Finan and Clarissa louis have found the place. "There is a line of trees leading to the house and the windows are tall." She closed her eyes to remember the vision. "Ivy, and lots of it too. But take this letter, Finan and Clarissa have already been given an instruction, I just hope one more is not too much." She said as she wrote.

"Fly high as you cross the kingdoms, do your best to stay hidden." Aemond added. "When you arrive take no longer than a days rest, we need you back."

"And avoid trouble Daeron, I'm trusting you with her life." Rhaella said. Perhaps it was unfair to give him a responsibility such as this.

But war was an unfair force.

And then Rhaella's attention turned to young Gabriel. The boy who had helped her as best he could at such a young age. She had promised him life, protection and safety.

He couldn't have that here.
Not right now anyway.

"Aemond, how much gold is in the treasury here?" Rhaella questioned.

"No funds have been touched, nor taxes collected since the Strong men died in the fire." Aemond replied. A smirk fanned over his lips at the word strong. Childish really, but he didn't care.

"Enough gold for the lord of the castle to live comfortably though?" Rhaella said, pulling some leather breeches from the trunk that would be small enough to fit Gabriel.

"More than comfortably." Aemond answered, brow furrowing. "But if you take it then there will be questions after the war is finished with."

"I don't care." Rhaella stated. "Let whoever rules the castle at the time deal with that." She said before wandering across the room to Gabriel. "Daeron, go with Aemond, take as much gold as you see fit, enough so that none of them will want for anything." She said, pulling some books into a bag. "I've given six children over to a pair who haven't even had their own, the least I can do is find their troubles."