Night terror

Chapter six~ Night Terror

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Rhaella had been eating her breakfast with her family when they received the news of Laena Velaryon's death. Burned by the flames of her very own Dragon. Vhagar.

They boarded the ship that very same morning.

•• •• ••

She didn't pay much attention to the funeral, She did not know Laena, All she knew was that they were related. But as the daughter of the king she had a duty to show her face.

Her mind was still lingering on the vision she had last night. Would Aemond truly die? Of course he would. They all would, one day. But Rhaella could not accept that.

She payed no attention during the funeral, The only part that confused her was the way she was left to the sea. Laena had been a Dragon rider, her journey to the after land should not be started by slipping down through the salty waters of Driftmark.

She picked at her nails, a habit she had stolen from her Mother after years of watching her do it. She could feel the pain, the rawness of the skin being tormented by the salty air, but she continued to hack away at it.

She needed to know more, who had Aemond been fighting with. What had caused it. If she could just see which Dragon they were riding she would be able to tell. But it was another month until the next full moon.
She knew if she had to wait that long she would go insane.

"Stop that." Aegon whispered to her, watching her pick away at her nails. "Rhaella stop it." He muttered again trying his hardest to not cause a scene, but the simple fact she was ignoring him bothered the young prince. "Rhaella!" He said again, louder this time.

Aemond saw what she was doing, she looked caught, as if her mind had captured her attention and would not let her free. He took her hand and brought it down to their sides.

The princess looked up at him, then down at their hands. The bitterness of her nails finally stung her and she realized what she had been doing.

Once the ropes had dropped Laena's coffin into the sea, the crowd of people watching headed up toward the castle.

•• •• ••

"We have nothing in common." Aegon stated gesturing his third cup of wine at Helaena.

Aemond sighed. "She's our sister."

"You marry her then." Aegon retorted.

Rhaella scowled at her eldest brother. "You've always got something to moan about," She scoffed. "Haven't you Aegon."

"I would preform my duty." Aemond added on. "Had mother only betrothed us instead."

Now Rhaella was frowning at Aemond. "You?Married?" She questioned. "To Helaena?"

"If only." Aegon chuckled before taking another sip.

"You don't even speak to her half the time, none of you do." Rhaella stated. Aegon ignored her.

"It would strengthen the family, Keep our valyrian blood pure." Aemond shrugged, watching the strange princess as she played with a spider.

"She's an idiot." Aegon frowned at his brother.

Aemond rolled his eyes. "She's your future queen."

Rhaella stormed off then, taking herself to her room, which she had to share with Helaena.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

He could hear it. Just like Rhaella had told him. wait for it to call. And it was calling to him.

Aemond had thought to go and find her, ask her what he should do. But Rhaella had appeared angry with him.

He sat lay over a sand hill, cautiously readying himself to take another step toward the sound.

But his feet carried him before he could stop them, and then he saw her. Vhagar.

She lay crying in the sand, lost without her owner.

She was huge, The largest Dragon in the land, the only remaining dragon of old Valyria.

"Fuck." He muttered to himself. It was too late to turn back now.

•• •• ••

Rhaella had drifted off into a slumber.

But the sounds of fighting of woke her. She pulled her shawl over her nightgown. Helaena remained asleep.

She crept out into the hallway, the coldness of the stone dancing around her barefoot.

Then she saw them. Jacaerys, Lucerys, Baela, Rhaena and Aemond.

They were fighting, Rhaella didn't know why. But they we're hurting eachother, no. They were hurting Aemond. Four of them attacking him all at once.

But he fought them off, lifting young Lucerys into the air, grabbing the closest rock he could find. "You will die, screaming in flames just as your father did." He warned. "Bastards." The young prince spat.

"My Father's still alive." Lucerys cried clawing at Aemonds had around his neck.

Aemond smirked then, right at Jace, who was looking at him danger dancing in his eyes. "He doesn't know does he?" He mocked. "Lord strong."

Jace dragged a dagger from his belt holding it up at Aemond.

Rhaella could not move from where she stood, as if a clear wall separated her from Aemond. "Stop it!" She shouted at her nephew. "Put it down!" But it was no use, they could not hear her.

Aemond kicked Luke over to his brother knocking the young prince down, Aemond lifted the rock then to Jace, failing to notice his other nephew crawling to the side and grabbing the knife from the dust.

But Jacaerys did notice and he used it to their advantage. He swung his hand in the dirt, flinging it at Aemond who was without his sight for a shot second.

Rhaella knew then what would happen and she tried with all her strength to aid her brother, but it was as if the gods held her back, stopped her from assisting him.

And just as Lucerys Lifted the knife and the sound of skin slashing, where Rhaella could not see,

She woke up.

In a pool of sweat, she woke up. Tears staining her cheeks.

A night terror. She thought, slowly laying back down.

But her Mother burst through the bedroom door. Rhaella sitting up quickly, Helaeana rising from her slumber.

"You must come with me." Alicent announced.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅