Ruby Encrusted Crown

A/N: Hello Pretty people!

Like I said previously my plan is to follow the plot of F&B, but for obvious reasons some things will be mixed up, dates and timelines changed, characters altered and obviously my own storylines will be intwined with the original plot.

Also we reached 200k reads during the week and I cannot come up with the words to thank you all for taking the time to read my story, it genuinely means so so much to me! Thank you all so much for voting and making me laugh at the comments on the chapters!

Anyway enough of my ramblings, your here for Rhaella not me, so onto the chapter...

Thanks again my lovelies!!

•••

Chapter Forty-Nine~ Ruby Encrusted Crown

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

The day was glum. The sky had no life in it, neither did the land below. The civil war had drained the kingdom of its busy streets and bustling roads.

The tenth moon of the year was upon the land faster than any of them knew a moon to approach. And with the moon brought storms and rain. The sky boomed and poured with thunder and rain, battering down against the land, dragging the newly red leaves away from their trees and sweeping them away in the wind.

It seemed everything was dying

Aemond focused on the way the wind hit the windows of the keep, shaking against the glass as though it was trying to attack the castle. And maybe it was, maybe it was a warning from the Gods that they had denied the green rule.

"It is your duty as the second eldest son." Tyland lannister said to Prince Aemond, pulling him from the trance. "This is a war for a Targaryen male heir, and Prince Maelor is still too young."

"I do not appreciate how you speak of my brother as if he is dead." Aemond snapped.

"Of course we pray for the Kings health, but as next in line after his son, you are responsible for the realm whilst the king is occupied." Otto Hightower said to his grandson.

Occupied. Aegon was dancing in and out of the strangers realm, dosed up on milk of the poppy. And now again he was left to pick up the pieces of something his brother had managed to break.

Rhaella's words came to thought. "I will not take the title king, that is my brothers." He told the council. "And while he lives it shall remain his." He thought what it would mean, if he were to take on being King.

There was a murmur of agreement between the lords before Criston cole spoke. "Then it is decided."

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Rhaella hated this.

All of these people, fools the lot of them. They would bend the knee to a wild dog if he sat on the Iron throne, none of them had any sense of what it meant to wear the crown, and none of them cared as long at it kept there garments rich, there stomachs full and there pockets lined with gold.

She hated them all.

She watched from the bottom of the throne, her mother behind her to the right. It felt strange standing ahead of the dowager, as sister to the king and wife to the regent though, it was Rhaella who held more power than Alicent.