Kinslayer

Chapter Twenty-Six~Kinslayer.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Alicent had not been pleased with Aemond upon his arrival back to kings landing. When he told her what had happened She fell immediately to her knees, clinging on to her necklace and muttering words of prayer.

"You lost the one eye Aemond." His Grandfather told him. "How is it you could be so blind?!"

Aemond did not listen to the lecture though, his mind stuck on his wife. He had not seen her since that awful moment in the sky. Rhaella had left in an instant, leaving him their to finalize the negotiations.

"Aemond!" Aegon shouted, bursting through the door. "Took it upon yourself to start killing them off then?" He was void of an emotion when he spoke, but when a large smile spread on his cheeks and he dragged Aemond in for a hug, it was evident he was pleased about this. "About time Rhaynera knew this is no attempt at jest!"

"He killed her son!" Otto exclaimed. "We were bargaining for peace, So that we could avoid bloodshed!"

Something snapped in Aegons, like a heavy foot breaking down on a branch in the depth of a forest, the deepest part where the thoughts of murder and torture rest waiting for a victim to fall down the wrong path and into their hands. "No, You we're bargaining for peace!" Aegon shouted, "I am the king!"

Aemond knew that a man who had to say he was a king, was no true king. Aegon was not suited for the crown, but now he had gotten a taste of the sinful cup that held the sweet flavors power and control he would not let it go.

"And Mother, will you stop your fucking prayers, the Gods will support Aemonds decisions, for it is the true blood of the Dragon that they would want on their anointed Kings council!" He pulled his mother from the floor, before laughing and patting Aemond on the back.

Alicent knew she was slowly losing the control she had stringed Aegon to. He was straying from her council as well as her Father's. "They will call him Kinslayer!" She cried, turning to her second son. "You have murdered your nephew!" She shouted. "And Rhaella where in the seven is she? The court is whispering of a wailing, white haired woman on the beach sent to curse Aegons rule!"

Aemond felt his chest tighten.

Kinslayer.

It was said to be the worst label one could have in the land, to murder a family member, was to insult the Gods.

He needed to find Rhaella.

"She is with the children!" He lied, if Aegon knew she had condemned Aemond's actions, He would think she felt sympathy toward her dead nephew and would no longer trust her.

Aegon laughed happily again. "A feast!" He announced. "A feast for my brother, the true blood of the dragon, will be held tomorrow!"

Aemond forced a smile and nodded in response, before giving a small nod of the head to his brother the king.

Aemond knew she was on the beach, he had looked for her in their chambers and the nursery after his flight home. But he couldn't find her presence in those rooms.

As he passed the nursery he caught the glimpse of his children playing together with their cousins. Aerys was rolling around play fighting with Jaehaerys, Elaena was plaiting Jaehaera's hair, And Vaegon was showing Maelor his crafted toys that his father. had gifted him on his last name day.

"Dragon!" Vaegon laughed holding up the toy when he saw his father. The word hit Aemond like a crash of stones, he dreaded what he could've cursed his sons with.

When Aerys heard Vaegon he also looked to his father, a big grin spreading on the young boys face. He ran toward Aemond and leapt into the air with all his might, knowing his father would catch him.

"Now my boy!" Aemond smiled, not wanting to alarm the children with things they would never understand. "Where is your Mother?" He threw his son over his shoulder before spinning fast enough to cause an eruption of laughter from his eldest son.

"We saw her with Vermithor." Elaena said as she appeared at his side. "She looked sad, but the septa had us in lesson." They young princess pulled on the sword in her fathers belt, protesting when he lifted her away from it.

"Well my little silver sun, let's go and find her." Aemond sighed at his daughter, pressing a loving hand over her hair.

Aemond spent a lot of time with his children, though it was rare it was all at once. He took Aegor from the wet nurse, telling her that he would manage quite well with all four of his young royals. He cursed himself when Aerys and Vaegon took off ahead, ignoring as him when he instructed them to come back to his side.

The looks he received from members of the court as he walked through the halls made a small anger bubbled in his chest. Yes it was unusual for a father, especially a prince and the kings brother, to have the care of his children, without the company of a nurse or his wife.

But he didn't care for the stereotype. He'd be damned if he ended up like his brother, with his children barely knowing what he looks like. And he would not wish for his children to feel as he had as a boy.

Unloved and unwanted by both parents.

~

When Rhaella heard the giggling of her babes she thought to be caught in a dream, she turned to see her husband approaching, Aegor sleeping soundly in his arms, their daughter fussing over how his little toes stuck out in the air from the way Aemond had swaddled him. She saw her eldest sons darting toward her both of them smiling as if the gods had gifted them a thousand riches. The white and silver of each of their heads glowing from the early afternoon sun, the purple of their eyes full of love and life.

But then the nightmare set in, and when her sons fell into her side as she sat in the sand, her dragon resting behind her, she began to weep again.

"Are you hurt?" Aerys asked, patting her on the shoulder. "Why are you crying?"

Rhaella let out a small laugh, Aerys was a boy of mischief and childish chaos. But when he saw the upset of others he was king and gentle with those he spoke with. "I am fine my dearest boy."

She went tense when Aemond finally came to her. He lifted Aegor into her arms and told Aerys and Eleana to take Vaegon to walk along the water.

"Where have you been?" He said, watching as she secured Aegor in his blanket. "You must be tired."

"I am waiting." She replied as she unlaced the front of her dress. "The days grow lighter, but the war will grow darker." She lifted her baby to her nipple.

She had fed all her children herself, ignoring her mother's protests of how a princess should not engage in the naturalness. In the first week of Aerys birth, he was sickly. Many told Rhaella that it was normal, but she suspected the milk from the wet nurse to be a toxic to harm her babe.

"You should rest." Aemond told her. "The day has been long."

"We have to thank you for my unrest then it seems." She said bluntly.

Aemond took a deep breath. "Rhaell I did not mean,

"No." She interrupted him, laying Aegor on her cloak. "You did not care." She snapped. "You let your childhood thirst for revenge blind your sense!"

Aemond felt the weight of her words. She was angry with him, which was not something he experienced often. Of course, she had outbursts and he was on the receiving end of her temper,

But her true anger was a curse he had not often felt.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅