Silverfyre

Chapter Sixty-Two~ Silverfyre

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

There were tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she wrote, but she would not allow them to spill. There would be time for that later.

They would soon be looking for her, wondering where she had gotten too. Eventually they would find Ulf white, arrow in his neck and then they would know something was happening.

Finan had been gone for an hour now, and Rhaella could only hope he hadn't been caught.

"They know nothing of what is happening." Clarissa sighed, sitting in the chair next to her.

"I wish to keep it that way." Rhaella sighed, fastening the letter closed and placing it in the chest among clothes for her children. "You must promise me that you will care for them, I know it is not your duty but please."

Clarissa smiled softly and shook her head. "You needn't ask." She told her. "I have grown to care for them as if they were my own kin, besides there is no life for me here anymore, The blacks would brand me as a traitor."

"But you could still call your banners for Rhaynera, why would you not?" Rhaella questioned.

Clarissa took a deep breath and sighed. "I do not believe in betrayal, I have sworn myself to serve your brother and turning to your sister would mean breaking that oath."

"You sound like a stark." Rhaella laughed, but there was little humour in her words.

"I was to marry a stark once." She laughed. "The younger brother of their Lord."

Rhaella smiled. "You are free to marry as you wish now." She informed her. "The free cities know little of society status, it is received through Gold." She stood from her seat and walked over to the walls opposite the heath. Hidden behind the cupboard was a wooden crate, filled with gold. "You need to take this with you, make a small living, invest it spend it on a home." She said. "Just take it and make sure they live a happy life."

"What about the Dragons?" Clarissa said clearing her throat.

"A dragonless Targaryen is even more dangerous than having three dragons, without them we are the same as everybody else, and people will take advantage of that." She replied. "Elaena has a book on how to understand them, she'll understand." Rhaella felt her heart tug. "They cannot mount them yet so if they try to tell you otherwise it will not work." Then she thought for a moment. "Besides, upon their return to Westeros, no matter how many years away, they will need their dragons to ensure their safety." She knew it was a risk, but Targaryens mastered the art without Dragon keepers once, they could do it again.

"Return?" Clarissa questioned.

Rhaella nodded. "When it is safe, when it is truly over they must return." She said lowly. "When Finan comes back, there is something else I must tell you."

It was as if her words had summoned him, because then the boatman came through a passage hidden behind Aegor's crib.

"I've a Carriage outside, at the end of the passage, the dragons are all in cages inside." He told the princess. "I've used the gold to bribe a sailor to give me his ship for the journey, I'll kill him once we reach Braavos."

Rhaella took a breath and nodded. "There is something else I must tell you, don't ask me how or why there isn't enough time." She told Tarbeck and Dubbon. "Viserys and Elaena must marry on her eighteenth name day, not a day earlier, not a day later. If I let him back to his mother he will be married of to a stark girl or a Velaryon." She said to them lowly. "Vaegon and Aegor are to marry the eldest daughters of house Martell and House Dayne upon their return to Kingslanding." She sighed.
"A line of daughters will be born to each of my sons and they will eventually marry the male descendants of Elaena and Viserys' children." Rhaella looked at the two of them, they seemed to stare back, unsure of what to say. "It is a lot to take in I am aware, but the Targaryen name will only continue from the children in this room."