The Hope

Chapter Thirty~ The Hope

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

The day was growing darker. The clouds had turned shades of orange and red preparing for the moon to take over as light keeper for the sun.

Aemond had been summoned to the kings council room, while they planned and plotted for the next step in Aegons war. He had promised her he would be back before midnight.

Rhaella had everything in place. She had paid one of the horsemen to have a cart ready to take her to Finan's ship at midnight. She packed all of her clothes as well as Aemond's and the children's into three trunks. It was a struggle but she had managed it.

She had been to see her dragon, instructing him to follow Aemond in the sky whenever he took flight.

It was when Larys Strong approached her, on her way to the nursery did she damn herself for not taking the servants route.

"Princess." He greeted her.

"Lord Strong." She said in return. "What is it I can do for you?"

He held up a piece of paper to her. "This is a name that may serve you well in Essos."

His words made her heart stop. How did he know?
She snatched his arm and dragged him into the closest room. The dagger she kept strapped to her thigh, found its way against the skin of Strongs neck after she pushed him against the door.

"Who told you?" She seethed. Had Aemond betrayed her? Did Finan find out who she really was and report her back to the kings council?

Larys looked slightly panicked. It had not been his intention to startle the Princess with his knowledge. "Princess I beg you to remove your blade." He said, his voice faltering.

Rhaella squinted her eyes, studying him. "Who told you?!" She said again pressing the knife harder against his neck. "I don't know what deal you have with my mother, I'm not sure I want to know, but you would do very well to remember I am not her." She bit. "I am not married to the crown, I am born from it and I will not be belittled or blackmailed by the likes of worthless dogs like you."

"My Lady, the things that come to my knowledge are through whispers and hearsay, you should know I have not betrayed this knowledge to anyone." He told her. "I wish only to be of service to you, Princess."

Rhaella pushed herself away from him, turning for a moment so that she could secure the blade back onto her thigh without Larys seeing her bare skin. When she faced him again she snatched the paper which he clung to.

Leandro Antaryon.

"Who is this?" She said folding up the paper.

"The Sea Lord in Braavos My lady Princess." He informed her, using his stick to approach her. "A good man, He will ensure you are well kept, along with The Prince and your children."

She did not know whether to trust the word of Larys. Even If this Antaryon Man would ensure she was treated as her station deemed, news of a Sea Lord helping Targaryen Fugitives would reach back to Aegon, giving him the chance to drag them back to Westeros.

Rhaella knew everything Larys did came with a price, and she certainly had no time for any baths. "And what will it cost for you to keep your vermin mouth shut?" The insult tasted sweet on her tongue.

"Perhaps an Item, I may keep as a memory of your good graces, Princess." He sighed.

Rhaella noticed the way he had been staring at her legs when she turned back to face him earlier. The only thing she could offer him, without anybody noticing it was missing, were her stockings.