Your Brother The King

Chapter Nineteen~Your Brother
The King

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Rhaella sat in the gardens reading to her children. Aemond always read to them in Valaryian, it was a good way to ensure they could speak the language.

"The doom of Valyria is believed to be a curse sent from the Gods, A punishment to show the difference between God and Man. Daenys Targaryen is said to be the reason for our families survival. Her dreams gifted to her by the old Goddess Tessarion,"
Rhaella rolled her eyes and stopped her story when she saw Ser Arryk.

"Yes?"

"The Story!" Eleana shouted, pulling on the book, when she realized her mother had stopped

Her two Eldest sons had already picked up on some of the words and Eleana could string together a sentence when the language was spoken to her.

But Aerys and Vaegon took the ending of their mothers tale as a chance to take it in turns to roll down the small hill, giggling and squealing on their way down.

"His Grace requests your presence, My lady Princess." Ser Arryk told her. "And I hear Lord Strong Inquired where you might be found earlier this afternoon."

"Come on my loves!" She sighed lifting Aegor from his basket. "Lets go and see your Grandmother."

Eleana took her mothers hand, holding onto the book which was as big as she was, her brothers running ahead Vaegon chasing after Aerys all the way to Alicent's chamber.

~

She was not far from reaching her brother's Apartments when she was greeted by Lord Larys Strong.

She hated the way Lord strong looked at her. Like she was a piece of meat to be feasted upon. It turned her stomach when she passed him. He was disgusting, never looked like he washed and on the rare occasions she did speak to him his breathe was pungent.

"Lord Strong." She greeted the man not hiding her distaste for him. "My Guard informed me you were looking for me."

The man bowed his head. "Princess Rhaella." Strong addressed her. There was that look again. She felt like clawing out his eyes and feeding them to him, so that he may never look upon her again. "I was wondering if you'd spoken to your mother today?"

Rhaella rolled her eyes. Larys strong was his mothers eyes and ears. She wasn't sure why he always hung around like a dog, He didn't need anymore gold or land. He inherited that after the death of his father and brother. "My mother is preoccupied today, Perhaps I can help you?" She didn't mean it, so she prayed that he wouldn't actually ask for her help.

Larys stared at the Princess, his predatory eyes raking up and down her body. "My lady, Please believe me when I say it would be the grace of gods to have help provided from a woman such as yourself." He sounded like he was confessing a sin. "But the information I seek to share would be beneficial only for her grace the queen."

Rhaella grew curious at his words. "You have information for my mother?"

Larys hesitated before he spoke next. "The information I have now is of interest to your mother yes." He began. "But the information I could find, may be of interest to you, Princess."

Rhaella scoffed, "I'm sure, Lord Strong, There is nothing you could find that I don't already know, Now I bid you good day."

The sight before her when she opened the doors was not one she expected. Lord Lannister, well one of the younger Lord Lannister's sat, head down, half dead in a chair. Aegon sat on a chair by the fire, Aemond stood with his blade still in hand.