126AC

*Double update*

126AC

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

"Should you be riding?" Aemond questioned as he mounted Vhagar. Aerys sat giggled from the front saddle and Aemond made sure his son was secure in front of him.

It had been two weeks since their first daughter Elaena had been born and now the new babe lay swaddled in cloth against her mother.

Aemond watched with worry. "The maesters said-

"Fuck them." Rhaella shrugged. "I have not been riding with Vermithor in two moons because of this sweet little heart and I cannot bare another day without flying."

Aemond sighed and pulled Aerys closer to him, making sure there was no possible way for him to fall as he strapped himself in. "Well at least strap yourself to the saddle Rhaella, It worries me every time you fly."

Rhaella laughed. "It is more dangerous being strapped to your dragon than it is not." She told him, of course she would keep Vissera secure to her own person, but strapping herself to her bonded was never something she did. "I trust him to keep me safe, but on the condition I need to jump from his saddle in an emergency, being strapped in would not do me too well now would it?"

Aemond rolled his eyes. He was more cautious than she was. But he couldn't tell her what to do, she never listened.

He liked that about her. That while he had gained a dragon, grown taller and became more skilled with his sword everyone began to treat him differently, but not her.

Never her.

She treated him as she always had. Challenging him whenever she could, speaking against him when she disagreed with him.

Aegon had suggested slapping her every time she did so, and Aemond had even tried it once. But when he did she hit him right back. Of course it had shocked him first, but then when he realized who he was married to, he couldn't understand why he had expected any different.

And now as his wife instructed her dragon to lift herself and their daughter into the air he realized how in love with her he truly was.

At first he thought it was just infatuation, with the fact that she was his wife and they often lay together. He liked when they did that, and she seemed to like it too.

But he supposed he could get that anywhere, sex was not something limited for a prince. Aegon had told him of his whores at every chance, and Aemond had himself been with a woman before he married Rhaella.

But something in his heart knew that every encounter of passion he shared with his wife could never be compared to anything else.

And it wasn't just the sex. Every time he looked at her, his breath halted, and his heart beat sped up.
After they were first wed, he noticed that he didn't appreciate anyone else's beauty like he focused on hers.

At first he ignored it, believing these feelings would make him weak.

But there was only so much he could take before her purple eyes and perfect laugh had him falling at her feet.

And when he finally had accepted that he loved her. There wasn't a day he went by without being at her side.

And it was now, as he watched her rise into the sky, he knew how dangerous their love was.

Because he would burn kingdoms for her. Pull the eyes from any man that looked for too long, and slice the throats of any being that dared to sadden her.

"Come on!" Rhaella shouted. "We don't have all day."

But as she watched Aemond talk to their son, and hand him some false reigns, that were attached to the saddle of Vhagar, to make their son believe he was flying the dragon, whilst Aemond remained in control of the real ones.
She wished they did have all day.

She wished they had forever.

She loved him well and truly. He was her heart and her home. The father of her children and the man she wanted a forever with, in this life and the next.

The had always been close, more similar then the others. But now as they were husband and wife before they eyes of every god deemed possible, she saw him in a new light.

In spite his missing eye, he was still the most magnificent man she had ever seen. His jaw was sharp, his lips pursed and his gaze heavy.
She felt it's weight anytime he looked at her.

And when he looked at her in the most forbidden ways he could she was sure they were meant for the hells, and she was perfectly fine with it.

They had been shameful, caught and watched in moments of passion when they dared to encounter one another outside of their chambers.

He had been her first and her last. The moment she was wed to him there was no chance in an age of promise that there would be another for her.

They were two stars always meant to burn in the presence of the other.

And another fire would never burn in her heart for anyone but him. It was hot and dangerous, wild and free just like them.

And it would burn her forever.

The flew through the sky, each with one of their children, looping around the other. As they were bonded with their beasts they were bonded with each other.

She wanted forever to be this way.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅