Episode 25: Entrance Exam

"What's up, UA candidates?" The voice hero: Present Mic called out to the audience. "Thanks for tunin' in to me, your school DJ. C'mon. And lemme hear ya!"

The audience was completely silence to Mic, except for Gar, La'gaan, Derek and Alayla who yelled "yeah!" Before sitting back in embarrassment, except for La'gaan, who kept cheering, only for Grant to force back down.

"Haha! I least here are some people who are as excessively as I am!" Presents Mic added on. "I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, okay? Are you ready? Yeah!"

This time the audience was more silent, as the others didn't want to embarrass themselves, except for La'gaan but Grant stopped him.

Jinx asked about Mic. "What's with this guy?"

Izuku explained to her. "He's the voice hero: Present Mic, his Quirk allows him to increase the volume of his voice, even creating loud sound waves."

"But why does he talk like radio host?" Maxine asked Izuku.

He then explains. "He actually owns his own radio station, I use to listen to him alot."

Present Mic explains the exam. "Like your application said, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting 10-minutes mock battles in super-hip urban settings. Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop the mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center, sound good? Okay!"

"I see. They're splitting us up so we can't work with any of our friends." Bakugou looks at the card.

"Yeah, I can read that, I didn't ask for an explanation." Izuku responded back, which surprised Bakugou.

"Damn. I was really looking forward to crushing you." Bakugou said.

"Better luck next time, dumbass." Izuku responded.

"It appears that we're gonna be in teams expect for you Midoriya, are you sure you'll be fine." La'gaan asked Izuku.

"I've survived Bakugou for years. I think I can handle a bunch of robots." Izuku responded.

"Not quite." Sideways said as showed his card was in the same one as Izuku.

Present Mic continues to explain to them. "Okay, okay, let's check out your targets. There are 3 types of faux villains in every battle center. You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use either your Quirk or skills to raise your score be shredding these faux villains like a mid-song guitar solo. But check it! Make sure you're keep's things heroic. Attack other examinees is a UA no-no, ya ya dig?"

"Excuse me, sir, but I have a question." A tall participant with blue and glasses says standing up.

"Hit me!" Present Mic replied.

The participant points to a paper holding info about the practical exam. "On the printout, you've listed 4 type of villains. Not 3. With all due respect, if this is an error on official UA materials, it is shameful. We are exemplary students. We expect the best form Japan's most notable school. A mistake such as this won't do."

He also points to Al, who was sleeping. "Additionally, you with the unkept hair." Al wakes up. "You've been sleeping this entire time. Wake up. If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us."

Al felt embarrassed by this, as Grant looks back at the participant with a hateful glare.

"All right, all right. Examiner number 7-1-1-1. Thanks for calling me with your request." Present Mic explains the last villain. "The fourth villain type is worth zero points. That guys is just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way. There's one in every battle center. Think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's kinda no point. I recommend my listeners try to ignore it and focus on the ones toppin' the charts."