[1]

Honestly, how could you be so blind?

To not see the fakeness behind those “Pretty” blue eyes. 

All of your life you were known as the future queen, the favorite child, the spoiled brat, but now look at you. 

You were currently working as a maid in the castle as punishment, but even so, you would be facing your execution in three months. You were supposed to face your doom a long time ago, but your ‘replacement’ decided that you should work for a bit until the day finally came. Everyone thought that she was being too kind, but you knew that she wanted to see you suffer and that she just wanted to look good as the future queen. You might've been behind bars, but you weren’t foolish. You could read that woman like an open book. 

The woman that decided to steal your spotlight was known as your adopted sister, Addalyn. People say that she was blessed with chalk white skin and bright blonde hair, but to you, she looked like a ghost. She wasn’t much to look at in your opinion. You considered yourself to be the more charming person to look at. 

She was only supposed to be a mere commoner, but she somehow caught the eyes of your ex fiance and many others that used to work for you in the castle to the point that even your own mother and father decided to adopt her, but she was the least of your troubles.

Your ex fiance, Arthur, betrayed you and cheated on you by sneaking out of the castle at night to meet with your ‘sister.’ You didn’t notice it at first because you were blinded by love, but after a few months you started hearing rumors. The maids had always despised you and they always talked nicely about Addalyn, but it startled you when you abruptly heard them mentioning her and your fiance in the same sentence. You didn’t think much of it since you thought the maids were just blind and couldn’t see your love for him, but after listening more into their conversation, you started to realize these were not just rumors. These were real. 

“The prince has been sneaking out with Addalyn a lot lately.” and, “Don’t you see the way he looks at her? He clearly loves Addalyn.” 

Hearing all of this hurt your heart a lot, you might've not been the best person, but you genuinely loved him. For him to stab you in the back like that hurt you to the bone, but you refused to believe it. You wanted to see if this statement was true yourself even though deep down in your heart you knew. 

Trying to see if this was really true, you decided to catch him in the act and confront him yourself. When he snuck out, you tailed him trying to see if you would sight your sister in the distance.

After a bit, you eventually ended up in one of the old gardens that was partly abandoned. The garden was unpleasant, full of bugs and had a bunch of overgrown leaves and messed up your dress, but that didn’t bother you in the slightest. Your eyes were completely glued to the sight right in front of you. There was your bastard sister greeting your fiance with a kiss on the cheek. 

You don’t really remember, but something in you that day broke. You couldn’t tell whether it was your heart or your sanity, you could care less in that moment. All you knew was that you have been hit with the feeling of betrayal and an overwhelming amount of shock. 

You didn’t know why, but your body seemed to move on its own. It was only a matter of time before you were flat out running towards them. 

When you reached them, Arthur and Addalyn both shared a look of shock. 

You confronted them head on and asked why he would do this to you and why he couldn’t just tell you the truth. 

When you said this, Arthur had calmed down and had a resting look on his face. You wanted to punch him because of his heartlessness.