Calm Before the Storm

Okay, before you read this, let me try to explain something. I'll be vague, so I don't spoil anything, but I'll go into more detail at the end of this chapter so you will have already read everything.

Hyrule has been around for a long time, even if their technology doesn't show it. This could be because they keep having bad stuff happen to them, which is the games, and technological advancement keeps getting halted. However, the people have been around for a while, and I think they can piece a few things together after this much time.

I hope that helps, but read the addition at the bottom if you're still confused after reading this chapter.

When the light finally died down, Link felt water on his feet. Link opened his eyes he instinctively closed because of the light and discovered he was standing in the spring where he had received the container he used to collect the light. The container detached from Link's right paw, and he watched as it floated to the back of the spring and disappeared into the water.

The water began to glow just like it did when the light spirit Ordona showed up, and sure enough, out of the glowing water rose a ball of light. Like before, the light spirit formed around it, but this one seemed to be a monkey with a long tail that Link thought looked kind of like a scorpion's, which circled over its head and around its body once. The light spirit seemed to be hugging the ball tightly with all four of its limbs.

Link did notice the twilight was still around. Perhaps the light spirit just hadn't done anything yet?

"My name is Faron." The light spirit introduced itself. "I am one of the spirits of light who dwell in Hyrule. By order of the gods, I protect this forest."

"You've done a fantastic job." Midna sarcastically said from Link's shadow.

"O brave youth..." Faron continued, ignoring Midna. "In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you were transformed into a blue-eyed beast."

Link looked at his current form as the light spirit spoke.

"That was a sign."

A sign? Link thought.

"It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you... and that they are awakening." Faron explained.

What? Link thought.

Faron then said with a slight tone of warning, "Brace yourself."

Unsure exactly what he was supposed to be bracing for, Link prepared himself as well as he could.

Faron began to shine brightly, and as he did, the twilight started to disappear, and the sun shone through the trees. Link was happy for half a second before pain began shooting through his body. Link let out a scream which came out as a loud howl as a familiar feeling enveloped him. The feeling of his body being pulled apart and rearranged, bones snapping and moving to new positions, blood vessels twisting into new places, and he felt fur disappear from his body. His howl turned into what it should have been, a scream, and Link fell to his hands and knees, breathing heavily.

"Look at your awakened form." Faron requested.

It then occurred to Link that he had hands and knees to fall to, and he quickly shot to his feet with a humungous smile on his face.

I'm me again! Link thought I'm finally me again! But what the heck am I wearing?

Link was dressed in a short-sleeved green tunic with a chainmail shirt poking out of the sleeves, collar, and bottom of the green top, which was then on top of a white undershirt that covered all of Link's arms and passed underneath special guards on his forearms. The guard on his left forearm had an additional leather guard strapped onto it with a fancy design. Link was wearing pants of identical color to his long-sleeved undershirt, tucked into brown knee-high boots. Covering Link's hands were fingerless gloves, and on his head was a green hat that was so long it reached about halfway down his back. There was a belt on Link's torso going over his left shoulder and under his right arm designed to hold something, probably a weapon Link realized, and another belt was strapped around his waist with a pouch about the size of Link's hand attached to it on the left.