Rescue Mission

Link didn't have to run for long before he spotted Beth standing on the side of the path.

"Beth!" Link called to her.

"Talo and Malo went chasing like crazy people after that monkey. I can't keep up with those two..." She said.

"Head back to the village!" Link demanded. Beth nodded and proceeded back the way Link came. Link continued down the path for a short while before finding Malo outside of the spring with the supposed healing water.

"... They went that way." He said as he pointed further down the path. "The rest is up to you, Link..." Malo then turned and headed back to the village without Link needing to tell him to, but he did anyway.

"Head back to the village!"

"I am."

Link ignored the child's remark and continued running. Malo had stopped just before a wooden bridge over a vast canyon that led to more path on the other side.

"That's a big drop" Link said to himself as he crossed the bridge. Soon Link came into a small grassy field with a gate blocking him from proceeding anymore. The gate was small, Link could probably run up to it and slowly pull himself over the top, but rather than slowing down, he built up speed, pressed his hands on the top of the gate, and using his arms as a pivot point, spun over the gate landing on the other side.

"Did I just...?" Link said, shocked at his actions. He had no clue how or why he did that, he thought he should have stopped and simply climbed over it, but somehow he just knew he could make it over the gate like that, so he went for it. Link shook himself from his thoughts, remembering a child was in danger, and continued onward. There was another spring of water on this side of the gate that seemed very similar to the one Link had been to before, and he wondered if this one had magical anti-die water as well, which he was still kind of skeptical was real. Link continued to follow the path, running through a long tunnel before coming to an open gate with a sign.

- Forest Temple path

It's pitch-dark ahead! Parties interested in going forward must first go this way! -

Coro

Deciding to heed the warning, Link proceeded to the right and found a man, who Link assumed was Coro, in an opening with a massive afro on his head sitting in front of a house

"Woah! An Ordonian! Hey, guy!" The man said

As Link approached the man, he noticed there was a bird nest in his hair. How does he do that? Why does he do that?

"Are you Coro?" Link asked

"That's me, guy! Listen, I'm not sure you should be wandering around the woods without a lantern. Just because it's daylight doesn't mean it's safe." Coro said, "There are a ton of caves and dank spots around here that pretty dark even in the middle of the day. Here! Go on, guy. Take this!" Coro reached behind his seat and pulled out a lantern, and handed it to Link. "See, I sell lantern oil here..." he continued. "I'm trying to drum up sales by giving away free lanterns! It's a business tactic, guy!"

I guess that could work, Link thought but wouldn't giving away a bunch of lanterns for free get pretty expensive?

"See, as long as you've got oil to fuel your lantern, you can set fire to stuff. They're the best!" Coro informed Link, "Go on, guy! Try setting a fire under that big pot!" Coro extended his hand toward a pot with fire-wood underneath it

Link fumbled with the igniter for a bit but finally managed to get a fire inside the lantern and held it close to the wood under the pot Coro mentioned. After a second, the wood was engulfed in flames, and Link turned off his new lantern and attached it to his waist.