31. Explain (5)

POV: Soobin - TXT
Time: 07:36

I will survive this, for everyone.

...

I set off, one step at a time, over the rubble covered pavement, looking around for any signs of a place that could have any bandages or cloths.

I pass by multiple stores, another bakery catching my eye.
Damn those things. They never bring me luck anyway, so I decide to skip it.

A pizza shop... then a sportswear store with a broken window with shards embedded all around the shop, some even in mannequins with seeming what meant to be protective gear.

I guess it isn't protective after all, then.

I continue down and down, passing by more clothing stores and sushi bars and restaurants.
I don't even mind checking those things, because I'm pretty sure that restaurants don't serve long-life food. They always say they serve it fresh.

I make sure that I keep myself reserved and in the shadows while I'm searching, because, I definitely wouldn't want to cause enough commotion that I become zombie dinner. Eugh.

Store after store after store after store.

And all I get out of it is a bottle of perfume.

Don't ask. I needed it, this mossy smell is literally so overwhelming, it's suffocating me. I hate it more than the smell of zombies.

The perfume just masked it a bit, with some faint lemon and lime scent, so that it's at least bearable.

But, I still don't see anything, and I'm nearly reaching the end of the street. I'll need to continue round the corner if I still can't find anything.

I look around and inside shops; a barber shop, a book store (with, surprise, all the books ripped to shreds), another bakery, and an arts and crafts store with absolutely everything covered in debris, dust and glass..

They all have one common bond: Completely useless to me right now.

I sigh. Yet more searching to come for me. I'm going to need to search the street around the corner as well.

I begin to trudge on, barely rounding the corner when something stops me.
It makes me drop the perfume bottle. It lands on my foot, letting out a quiet, muffled sound of plastic and liquid.

It's voices. Human voices.

I retreat back, keeping myself utterly silent and my back against a shop wall.

I listen into their conversation.

"Do we really need to be on guard duty? Like, I mean, there's such a small chance that a survivor would see this school and go, 'Let's waltz into this fricking place!' It smells so damn bad out here, bro!" A man, sounding about middle age says.

"Gosh, you complain too much. You probably just have a sensitive nose, deal with it or do you want me to report you to the boss?" Another man, this time a much deeper voice, replies, his voice irritated.

Gosh, those are survivors! Thank the heavens, this is help for Yoongi and I!

Finally!

I breathe a silent sigh of utter relief. This is exactly what we needed. This is even more than what I was hoping for!

But... what if...

Jungkook had told us something after Seokjin's bunch arrived at the mall.