9. Shoot A Shot

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 5:07

"Oh, and one more thing."

He points his gun at Nayeon.

"NOOO!" I scream, running and tackling Nayeon out the way.

BANG

A shot goes off half a second after me and Nayeon duck out of harm's way. Everyone covers their ears in response to the loud sound.

"NOOOOOO!!!" Sana wails.

I hear a clear thud as someone falls to the ground behind us. I look up and see the gunman and his team laughing and chuckling as he says, "Oh well... too bad. I missed my shot~~~ ".

I hear Hyunjin and Jihyo walking up to the gang and screaming death threats at the gunman. They're both shut up as one man kicks Hyunjin square in the chest, sending him flying backwards into the rubble. Hyunjin groans in pain as the person who kicked him starts laughing his head off and cursing at Jihyo.

I look behind me. I see everyone crowded around the person who fell down; I can't determine who it is since there's too many people.

Just a few seconds later, Ryujin, Yeji and Han storm out of the crowd and, with blazing eyes, start running at the gunman who chuckles and signals his men to stay back.

The gunman takes on a 3v1 between Yeji, Ryujin and Han. I hear them all grunting and fighting as I look down to check on Nayeon who's still curled up on the ground. She looks utterly horror-struck.

"Nayeon, come on, stay with the others. They'll protect you."

She doesn't move a muscle.

I decide on carrying her to the group surrounding the person. Once I get close, I see who it is.

It's Mina. She has a bullet wound in her torso, about where her kidneys should be.

There's no time to waste. Sana and Bang Chan are doing what they can for her already, so I just sit Nayeon next to the group and run over to the 3v1 which turned into a 4v1 because Jihyo joined.

Yeji falls backwards as she gets kicked in the stomach. Luckily, I'm close enough to catch her before she falls on the hard pavement. I look up at the gunman. He's a skilled fighter; there's no way we are going to win against him.

Once Yeji gains her footing, I tell her to go back to the group. She declines and runs to go back to the fight. I try to chase after her but it's no use. She's faster than me and escapes back to the fight.

I yell in frustration. That's when I see Hyunjin, still in the rubble.

But he isn't moving. He has blood gushing out the back of his head.

I rush over to him as fast as I can, tears in my eyes.

"HYUNJIN! WAKE UP! HYUNJIN? HYUNJIN!!!"

I don't have time for this. I get him on my back as quickly as possible and get him over to the group too.

"SOMEONE HELP HIM! I NEED TO GO HELP THE OTHERS!!!" I cry.

Dahyun and Bang Chan rush over to help Hyunjin as I sprint back to the fight.

I see Ryujin and Jihyo on the floor. Jihyo supporting a broken ankle and Ryujin with her hands over a huge wound on her face. I take a glance at the gunman. He's fighting off Han and Yeji with minimal effort, to the entertainment of his men. Han and Yeji are both swaying in exhaustion and look like they're about to collapse.

I burst in.

"STOP!!!" I scream.

His men laugh at me, tears of joy forming in their eyes.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! WE'RE DONE, WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE CONFLICT!" I yell.

"Ok, kid, if you say so~~ I really don't care, you know? I'd be up to kill you right now. I'll just ask my men to beat you all into a pulp so you guys can have a nice, painful death." the gunman mocks.

Tears start forming in my eyes. We're going to die.

"Aw~~~~ Is the little baby crying? That's so-"

A sudden growl breaks him off.

"SCRAM! GET OUT OF HERE!" the gunman yells to his men.

All the noise we had made and the amount of blood from us attracted a huge horde of zombies. They're running from across the street. There're only seconds left until we're all dead.

The gunman and his men pick up their loot and begin to run away.

However, before they do, the leader cocks his gun, smiles, and says,

"I won't miss this time. I promise."

and he shoots me.