27. Explain

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 07:34

"Who. Is. Working. With. You?"

Someone shouts behind me, loud, youthful and clear like a singer's voice.

"Me."

The loud sound, a cock of a gun, rings throughout the room.

The second in command looks at the source of the sound. He smirks, and lifts his gun, aiming it.

I look at who he's aiming at.

I'm shocked. It's the newbie. The newbie with blue-caramel hair. He's pointing a gun straight at the second in command, his stance stable. All the other gang members back away from him, as they're all not in possession of a gun.

The two both look at each other, with blazing eyes, guns pointed.

The second in command speaks up.

"Who are you, then? How do you know these people?" He says, pointing at us.

"Let him go. I'll tell you then." The newbie says, his voice commanding and cold.

Have I heard this voice before? It sounds really, really familiar.

The second in command walks over and grabs Bang Chan's arm, then pushes him backwards. He stumbles and falls, landing in front of Wonwoo. Wonwoo picks him off the floor, and moves away, a safe distance from the two guns. Me, Ryujin and Nayeon decide to do the same, slinking closer to the walls of the room.

"Done, now give me the information I've so longed for." The second in command says, huffing.

The newbie hesitates.

He reaches for his balaclava and tears it off, revealing his face.

We all stare at him, totally bewildered and confused.

"What is your name, then, young man? Come on, I haven't got all day." The second in command says, ushering him on.

I stare at the newbie. I should've known better. I know that face.

"My name... my- my name is... Choi Soobin." He says, perspiration running down his face.

Silence rings throughout the room.

How? Soobin? How is he here? I thought he was gone. There're so many questions running through my brain right now.

I take my chance to ask him.

"Soobin? Is- is it... you? H- how? I thought... I-"

"I know you thought I was dead. I'll find the time to explain." Soobin says, pushing every word out quickly, not wanting to turn away from the guy.

The second in command eyes us, he squints in somewhat evil admiration.

"Quite the squad you've racked up there, eh? A fair few bunch of you. And also, I think I'm missing part of the story here; they said that they thought you were dead? I want to hear more." He says, talking in an eerie polite manner.

"Put the gun down first. Then we'll talk. But everyone, even the people back in the big cellar must be let go. Let them go first." Soobin says, shaking his gun.

The second in command just starts to laugh, he slaps his leg in happiness, his head hung high. His voice comes out chopped up by laughter.

"Let them go, let them go. It's all the same, every time. That's what they all tell us, huh?" He says, his face scrunched up in laughter.