30. Explain (4)

POV: Soobin-TXT

Time: 20:23

I fall asleep, unknowing of how long we have left alive. Or even if we will wake.

Hours later...

I feel a weird sensation near the side of my left leg. It seems to seep into my skin, engulfing it in a warm, uncomfortable goo.

Goo... I've heard of that word before.

The last goo I saw, or touched, even, turned out to be...

Wait, is it-

"BLOOD?" I shout, awaking from my sleep with a jump start.

I look at my leg, squinting in the dim morning light as my eyes adjust, expecting to see the same venom-looking substance as yesterday.

What I see isn't much better. It's not the dark, zombie goo like yesterday. Thank god it isn't; I'm eternally scarred because of it. But, instead, it's red.

It's Yoongi's blood. Flowing out of his knee, which still has the glass shard embedded in it. The sight makes me want to gag. I mean, trust me, I've seen a lot of disgusting things during this zombie apocalypse, but having it on someone you know is a whole lot different. It's almost as if you can feel their pain, even though you're two completely different people.

I check Yoongi's pulse. It's stable, thank all the holy entities. But, I don't know for how long it will be stable for.

"Yoongi- I mean, sunbaenim, can you hear me? Wake up..." I ask, patting his shoulder.

No response. Well, one thing is, he's not dead, but he could be passed out maybe from the loss of blood or he may just be a really heavy sleeper.

Yoongi isn't actively losing blood from his leg, but it must be flowing out at random times, maybe when he moves in his sleep.

If only I had the medical experience, maybe like Seokjin, when he had saved Tzuyu's life. She too had a glass shard stuck in her. Maybe if I just apply the same techniques...

No way. Who am I kidding? I can't do that, like, what if I fail, and just make everything worse? Then that would mean that Yoongi would die, and part of it would be blamed on me.

Maybe Yeonjun knows what to do.

I turn around to my right, in the nearly pitch dark room, the only light coming from a small door window.

I reach my hand out, to the darkness, to tap Yeonjun's shoulder.

But my hand brushes past air.

What?

"Yeonjun hyung, where are you? Wake up, please." I ask, waving my arm around, trying to find him hidden in the shadows.

Again, there's no response, neither anything that touches my hand.

"Yeonjun hyung! You're scaring me! Where are you, really?" I say, panicking.

This is not good. No, definitely not. He can't be gone, he'd never leave me.

I stand up, and open the storage door, letting more of the light in, illuminating the entire room.

No sign of Yeonjun at all.

"YEONJUN, WHERE ARE YOU?!?" I shout, my eyes frantically scanning the room.

Nothing. Nothing. No Yeonjun, nothing.

Then I hear it.

A sudden metal clang, like the one of a door, catches my ears. I look towards it, where it's placed in one of the near-black parts of the room.