Cruel Words - Sequel (part 2)

Начните с самого начала

"Sorry, hyung," he whispered. It was more to make Hongjoong shut and go away, than out of any remorse, and Hongjoong knew it.

He reached out and grabbed Wooyoung's arm, before delivering several more hard swats to his backside.

"Then don't Smack! let me hear Smack! another word Smack! out of your mouth." Smack!

Wooyoung threw himself down on the couch as soon as Hongjoong let go. He curled there, tears of frustration brewing in his eyes. He felt a movement on the couch, as the other members silently slunk away. Wooyoung felt alone and abandoned. He couldn't even follow San or seek out comfort from Seonghwa, because all he wanted to do right now was talk.

A shadow fell across him and he glanced up hopefully. But to his surprise it was the maknae. Jongho stared down at him for a long moment, before sinking onto the couch beside him. He pulled his knees up under his chin and rested his head against them, as he glanced at Wooyoung thoughtfully.

"Hyung," he finally murmured in a low voice. "I...I miss the old us."

Wooyoung frowned questioningly at this. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting Jongho to say, but it hadn't been that.

Jongho gave a small gulp and looked away. "Ever since Manager Ho came, we've all been fighting and getting annoyed at each other. Yeosang wasn't being bad, he was just suffocated. But I disobeyed Hongjoong and that was what started it. It was my fault for being so resentful to Yeosang, and you had every right to be mad at me for treating him the way I did. And you are right, what I said to you was very cruel. I know I stooped real low. I will go talk to Hongjoong-hyung, so can we please go back to normal again after this? I didn't mean for you to get in trouble."

Wooyoung stared at him, seeing the earnest desire in his eyes. It was almost like seeing a puzzle fall into place. Wooyoung began to understand in that moment, just why Hongjoong was so angry. It had been one simple incident. Yeosang had snuck away from the dorm, and unwittingly set off a cycle of misfortunes. And just when it was getting close to being over, Wooyoung had involved himself. Jongho was already in the room about to be punished when Wooyoung had provoked him. And not only that, he had said things that he knew would push Jongho's buttons and get him in further trouble.

It had been his own fault that Jongho had retaliated and spat out those hurtful words. At first they had bothered him. He had been reminded of the past when anti-fans had cruelly tormented him. But after awhile, he remembered how he had gotten through it and how loved he was. And that was when the guilt had awoken. He had heard Jongho being disciplined, and known it should have been him, and so he had hidden and avoided Hongjoong. And when Jongho had come to apologise, Wooyoung had shrugged it off like it was nothing. And yet Jongho was still remorseful for hurting his hyung in a moment of anger.

Wooyoung felt horrible. He shook his head at the waiting maknae.

"It's okay, Jongho," he whispered, hoping Hongjoong would not catch him just yet. "I actually realise now that I deserve it. But I will talk to you soon, okay?"

Jongho nodded. He knew Wooyoung wasn't allowed to talk and didn't want to get him into further trouble. He shot Wooyoung a smile, and darted back up the stairs, leaving Wooyoung to mull over his thoughts. If he thought he had lots to say before, he definitely had a lot to say now. He couldn't afford to wait a week.

He pulled himself reluctantly to his feet, and headed over to the matz hyungs' bedroom and knocked lightly on the door. There was the sound of footsteps then the door opened. It was Seonghwa. But as their eyes met, it was as though Seonghwa understood. He touched Wooyoung lightly on the shoulder, before stepping back to let him past. But as he shut the door, he stepped outside, leaving the two alone.