14. Always My Valentine (Winter | Kim Minjeong)

A little late for Valentines day, lol. However this was a challenge from a friend to make something cheesy. I did not realize that making cheesy stuff was challenging. I don't know how to make this anymore cheesy. 

_________________________________________________________________

Y/N POV

"Look at all these couples, man. The moment the principal is lenient with rules they start being all touchy feely with each other," Mark was already complaining even though valentine's day is only a few days away. I laughed at his snarky remarks and comments about couples. Seeing other students openly hang out with their partners was something else. We continued our way to our classroom when we saw people forming a circle.

Mark and I were intrigued, causing the both of us to slither our way through the crowd. I saw Haechan was holding a bouquet of flowers, however my eyes immediately landed on the bob cut girl who was at the receiving end of it. It was Kim Minjeong, my girlfriend, getting another confession today. I already saw someone ask her out already this morning, which made me think how people are really forcing valentines day.

I was waiting for her to do something or even say something instead she just bowed in front of Heesung. Audible gasps were heard from everyone knowing that Heesung just got rejected. I couldn't help but feel bad and at the same time feel relieved. Seeing my girlfriend being confessed to wasn't the best thing, but I trust her with all my heart.

"Thank you, but I'm not accepting your confession," she said while her head was down. The crowd started to whisper but was instantly cut short when the bell for the next class rang. Everyone dispersed like ants, and the girl finally lifted her head up. Before she turned around our eyes met for a spoilt second, and I saw her eyes widened. I forced a smile, however I knew that she noticed something was wrong.

I saw her move towards my direction, but before she could even move closer Mark dragged me along and she was dragged by Ningning as well. I sighed heavily knowing that I shouldn't be mad, however seeing that I could lose her anytime scared me. When we got back to class I sat down on my seat一instantaneously I received a text:

MyColdWinter: Let's talk later. Please?

I was looking at my phone until my teacher entered the room. This made me hide my phone back in my pocket, and thought about seeing her but I decided not to. Class went by fast一the only thing I heard was that there was a valentine's day event tomorrow and that attendance was still taken.

I told Mark that I'll head straight home because I wasn't feeling well. Not forgetting to text Minjeong I texted her the same excuse I told Mark. The commute wasn't long so I found myself home rather quickly. I cleaned myself up before heading straight to bed.

My eyes were closed, but my mind was completely awake. I tried brushing off the things I saw today, however my mind decided to torture me even more by replaying every scene in my head. Silently I cursed myself before turning to my side一completely focusing on getting some sleep.

FLASHBACK

Summer vacation has already started but here I was helping out the student council with planning. I knew nothing about planning for events hell as far as I remembered I always skipped out on events. Karina might have noticed it hence me being present at the meeting. The good thing is that I get to see Kim Minjeong.