9. The Relapse (Lee Chaeryeong )

:) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

FLASHBACK

" *BREAKING NEWS* Heiress of Lee Enterprise, Lee Chaeryeong is reportedly engaged to Kim Mingyu under Pledis Entertainment. It was said that Kim Mingyu proposed to her during their Graduation (High School). Based on Kim Mingyu's father, the wedding would be held after both finish college..."

After reading the article I threw my phone out of frustration breaking it to pieces. I was walking from our graduation party which made it more annoying because that explains why she was acting distant from me. I decided to leave early because I wasn't in the mood and I decided to find a quiet place for me to sit. My feet brought me to the public park and I saw that there were less people already so I walked to a bench closest to the river. I sat down and did some breathing exercises to clear my head and enjoy the fresh breeze of the night.

I was interrupted when someone called for me. I looked back and it was the one person that I didn't want to see. Lee Chaeryeong. I saw that she was hesitant to go near me so I spared her the time so I stood up and walked towards her direction and stood about three arms length away from her. I didn't drop my gaze from her as she tried to look into my eyes but looked away immediately when our gazes met.

"Are you just going to keep doing that?" I asked because I was getting frustrated already and I saw her flinch when I said that. I took another deep breath to calm myself down, it's not healthy to have a conversation when you're clouded by anger.

"(Y/N) about the news. Please believe me that even I didn't know." She started to explain about the situation that her father and Mingyu's father were close friends and wanted their son and daughter to get married. Her words triggered some hope in my mind and I was close to believing her but then.

"Babe." Someone said out loud making Chaeryeong and I looked at the direction where the sound came from and everything came crashing down for me when I saw Mingyu walking towards us.

"You should have texted me where you were going. I was worried." He said as he held on to her waist and gave her a quick peck on the lips. I saw him smirk at me and I just gave a blank expression. Chaeryeong didn't even retaliate or show any sign of discomfort, making me think that she's used to it already. I saw him whisper something to her ear making me clench my fist and after he was done I saw him chuckling.

Without saying anything I walked past the both of them and I caught a glimpse of Chaeryeong's eyes and there was no hint of regret in them making me think that she just called me here to hurt me. I continued walking and I never even dared to look back. I then took a walkie talkie from my vest pocket and looked for the signal we always used. It took me a while to get to the signal but once I did get a signal the person on the other line was obviously surprised.

"Is that really you 01?" The person on the other side was still in so much shock.