6. The Little Guardian (Chou Tzuyu)

For story purposes imagine that Tzuyu is 5'11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TZUYU POV

I was reading a book on my desk as I waited for class to start. It was still thirty minutes away till the bell rang but most of the students were already here. I looked over to my side and saw that he's still not here but remembered he has morning training. I then continued to mind my own business until I overheard a conversation within my classmates.

"Imagine if I was just a few inches taller. She would totally choose me." Jackson said in a whiny tone.

"Come on, you know that height doesn't matter right?" Eunha said in a comforting manner.

"Then why did she choose him then, if height doesn't matter." You could hear the frustration from his voice.

Hearing that conversation made me think:

Most of the time people would want themselves to be a little taller. Maybe they want to be taller to give some truth to the height they put in dating apps. Some want the extra length to give themselves some confidence. Whatever reason people might have, being tall is considered a blessing.

There are some annoying things that come with being tall. Like people constantly asking you if you are an athlete or a model and there are instances where people are genuinely intimidated by your presence alone. I have to admit these things are really petty things so it's easier to just look past these things.

I was in my thoughts until I heard the class get a little more lively. I looked to see what was happening but it was just Yoo (Y/N) greeting everyone he comes across to. He was coming from what I believe is volleyball practice despite him being the smallest male student in our batch. From what I heard is that he was named best libero in last year's National's and he also joined the Korean Youth team that went up against Japan. I sighed silently, preparing for another day with one of the loudest and outgoing person I know.

"Good Morning Tzu!" He said in his usual cheery voice matched with a bright smile. Whispers then filled the room.

"Did he just give Tzuyu-ssi a nickname?"

"Is he really that close to our class president?"

"He's the only one who can do that."

"I don't know if (Y/N) is brave or just plain stupid."

The whispering stopped when I slammed the book loudly on my table. Silence then followed from what I did. I looked around and saw that they started to mind their own business again, then I glared at (Y/N).

"It's Tzuyu not Tzu. Don't give me weird nicknames." I told him but he just smiled at me as he sat down.

"But why not? It sounds cute." He said while fixing his things. I fought the urge to smile because he just called me cute but I kept my composure.