Finding Us (2)

Y/N POV

A week has passed since I started working and well things are not going as planned. Ever since she started calling me a slave, handling her has gotten a bit more annoying. She keeps ordering me around even the simplest things.

"(Y/N) CAN YOU PASS ME THAT!"

"YA! HAN (Y/N) BUY ME ICE CREAM!"

"(Y/N) CHANGE THE BATTERIES ON THIS!"

I could only sigh and follow what she said, lucky for me I'm used to these naggy patients. It's just more annoying now because she's obviously doing it intentionally . She also likes to tease me whenever she can.

"You know (Y/N) since you have seen me practically naked we should be together. I also think we look good as a couple." Yujin said nonchalantly which made me choke on the food I was eating. I looked at the girl and she had an innocent smile on her face. I was about to say something but then she burst out laughing. 

"Got you again (Y/N)!"  

Despite the teasing and obnoxiousness there were moments where we talked about normal things in life. I learned a lot about her and I found myself sharing a bit more than I thought. These conversations helped me understand Yujin a bit more from the things she likes, her dislike of mint choco flavour and her overwhelming passion for being a track and field athlete. These little things made me determined to help her out. 

However, there is one thing that is bothering me and it's her constant panic attacks. Just like that first time she was in a cold sweat, constantly twitching and she kept repeating the same words over and over again.

"I still want to run."

Every time she says that I can't help but feel bad for this girl, she had her whole life figured out and for it to be taken away from her in a blink of an eye.

PRESENT TIME

I just finished helping Yujin out with her nightly routine and the good thing is that I have created a system to easier maneuver myself without looking at her. Tomorrow would be Yujin's surgery for her prosthetic leg. She's been doing therapy the past week and I could see that she was trying her hardest. But I I noticed whenever she was deep in thought her loud, bubbly and overall positive energy was gone. It feels as if I was with a completely different person.

I supported Yujin and laid her down on the bed and she was still silent and I started to get worried.

"Yujin-ssi you've been silent, anything bothering your mind?" I asked her and she looked me straight into my eyes. I saw pain in her eyes and it reminded me of someone that I lost a long time ago. I clenched my fist annoyed at myself because it has been a week and I haven't found a way to help her. Despite her annoying me constantly and  intentionally being obnoxious, I can't help but feel drawn to this girl. We were still staring at each other when an idea came to mind.