14

The next morning came by. Kurt sluggishly walked down the steps. Seeing Krist eating a bowl of cereal in the kitchen.

Holding a hand to his forehead, Kurt groaned softly. Feeling the heavy hangover. He entered the kitchen.

Krist noticed and chuckled softly. "There's some aspirin on the counter." He told the other.

Kurt mumbled. "Thanks." As he found the bottle. Picking it up and unscrewing the lid.

He popped some painkillers into his mouth and swallowed. Hearing someone else enter the kitchen.

It was Chad. He entered the kitchen. But his bags are packed in his hands.

Krist sets his spoon in the empty bowl. As he lifted his head to look at Chad. Noticing the bags.

Furrowing his eyebrows together, he spoke up. "Chad? What's with the bags?" He asks.

Kurt noticed and looked over. He looks just as confused as the bassist. Chad sighed.

"I decided to quit the band." Chad announced.

Kurt felt emotionally hurt. His dream. His passion is being taken away from him.

Or so he thought...

"Why?" Krist asks. Tilting his head slightly to the head. Scratching the back of his head.

"Well, it's because I realized that I'm not interested in working in the band as a career." Chad explained. "Yeah, it was fun, but I'm done." He added on.

Kurt sighed. Hearing this news, upsets him. He sits at the table. A glum look resting on his face.

Krist gets up. "Well, we understand Chad. I hope your future goes well. Are you moving out?" He asks.

Chad nods. "Yeah, I've been planning on it for a while now. I did have a great time being here though."

The bassist went over. Giving Chad a one arm hug. The whole situation was bittersweet.

Chad smiled a little before looking over at Kurt. Seeing the glum look in the frontman's face.

"Oh it'll be alright, Kurt! I'm sure you'll find a new drummer for the band." Chad comforted.

Kurt rolled his eyes. Getting up and making himself some cereal. Not answering Chad. Rather ignoring the now ex-drummer.

"Well, bye you two." Chad mumbled as he left the kitchen with his packed bags. Krist followed. "I'll open the door for you. You have a ride?" He asks.

Chad nods. "Yeah, I have another friend waiting out. He phoned me early in the morning."

Krist opened the front door. Chad gave a friendly smile. "Will Kurt be okay?" He asks.

"Oh yeah, he'll be alright." Krist reassured. "You go have fun! I wish you luck on your future."

Chad chuckled with a smile rising on his face. "Thanks, you too." He replied and then left.

Krist shuts the door once Chad left. But once he turned around - he is face-to-face with an upset Kurt.