CHAPTER 2

Ink yawned, stretching and managing to crack his back from the bed he was in. He jumped out of bed, bouncing over to the door and opening it. He left the room and walked down the many stairs between floors of the large house. Ink just started wandering through the hallways of the huge house. He somehow managed to find his way back to the dining room that he talked to the owner of the house, Nightmare, in.

  He saw Killer sitting there, drinking a coffee and scrolling mindlessly through his phone. Nightmare was nowhere to be seen, but Ink could guess by the overpowering smell and sound of sizzling that he was in the kitchen cooking.

  “Morning Killer!” He said cheerfully, sitting on a chair with his legs crossed.

  Killer looked up from his phone and smiled tiredly at Ink. It was obvious by the dark circles under his eyes that he got barely any sleep last night, if any at all.

  “Ugh, mornin. Sleep well?” Killer groaned.

  “Looks like I slept better than you did.” Ink joked.

  Killer laughed, a little bit awkwardly. Nightmare smacked the back of his head and put a plate of food in front of both the men along with cutlery.

  “Seriously man?” Killer groaned.

  “You need to wake up.” Nightmare replied, sitting down with his own food.

  "I am awake." Killer grumbled to himself before starting to shovel Nightmares food into his mouth.

  "So! Ink how was the bed, you look well rested." Nightmare said, easily changing the subject.

  "Oh, yeah! It was nice. A lot better than my half-broken shitty mattress back in my old apartment." Ink laughed to himself, barely able to be understood through the mouthful of food.

  Nightmare squinting his eyes trying to decipher what Ink said through the food stuffed in his face. He just rolled his eyes with a small chuckle at how cute Ink looked shovelling his food into his mouth. He looked at Killer, rolling his eyes again at him being the only person to eat like a civilised person.

  “How long are you going to be here Ink?” Nightmare asked.

  “Oh, I was gonna just go to Dreams house.” Ink said happily.

  “I dunnooo, he’s not answering you, might as well just stay here a little more permanently~” Killer said, smirking.

  “Ehehe, no I’m ok. Don’t worry about it, he's my best friend. Yeah he didn’t answer but whatever, not the first time.” Ink grumbled, rolling his eyes. “Could I borrow your phone to call him again though?”

  Killer nodded, sliding the still unlocked phone across the table to him. Ink picked it up and dialled Dream’s number again. This time he answered.

  “Dream! Hey!” Ink greeted cheerily.

  “Ink? Where are you, who’s phone are you calling me on?” Dream asked frantically over the phone.

  “Don’t worry. You didn’t answer your phone, so I found a place for the night.” Ink explained.

  “A hotel?”

  “Nope! The guy who gave me his phone let em stay the night at his place.”

  “WHAT!?!?” Dream shrieked so loud that it caught Killer and Nightmare’s attention.

  “Y’allright?” Killer asked.

  “Y-yeah, I should probably go.” Ink stuttered, pushing the half-eaten plate away from him and stood up.

  “Ink! Get your ass over here right fucking now!” Dream yelled through the phone.

  “Okkk, I’m coming!”

  Ink started to walk to the front door, Dream lecturing him over the phone. He grabbed his shoes and jacket from the front door. Killer almost let him go out, but just as he was literally half way through the door when he realised that Ink had his phone. He jumped up and ran over to Ink, grabbing his arm tightly.

  “Whaaaat’re you doingg?” Ink asked.

  “That’s my phone Ink.” Killer said, his other hand reaching for the phone.

  “Ohhhhhh. Dream I’ll see you when I get to your house. I gotta give him his phone back.” Ink explained.

  Dream just kept yelling at him, telling him not to hang up and that he was an idiot. Ink just hung up the phone in the middle of Dreams' rant and handed it back to Killer.

  “Sorry man.” Ink apologised sheepishly.

  “It’s alright. How- uh, how’re you gonna get home?” Killer asked.

  “Oh, probably gonna walk.” Ink said.

  “How far is his house?”

  “Umm, I dunno. I don’t even really know where I am to be honest.” Ink said, chuckling and rubbing the back of his head.

  Nightmare sighed, rubbing his nose with his fingers as he came up behind Killer.

  “Know his address?” Nightmare asked, eyebrow raised.

  “Yeah, of course!” Ink said cheerily.

  “I’ll drive you.”  Nightmare said, grabbing his keys out of the pocket of his jacket.

  “N-no, you don’t have to.” Ink said, he was used to walking everywhere and never knowing where he was.

  Nightmare insisted, and ended up dragging a protesting Ink to his car. He kind of threw Ink into the backseat and got in the front. Ink begrudgingly told him Dreams address, Nightmare driving him to the house in a quiet car.

-----
849 words
Have a good day/night and don't be dumb like Ink :)