20. I get sent to the hospital the second time today

Start from the beginning

Hank was sitting there, hands and head on the steering wheel. I put my arm around his back, "Oliver, wake up." I shook him. How is it possible that he would faint after we parked? To my fortune, he rose his head up to me, showing me that he was only resting it there. I sighed in relief as I saw he was fine.

"Relax, kid. I am fine." He assured me, as he patted my arm comfortably, the he got out of the car, and held my arms, "are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He cupped my arms and inspected my face for injuries and arms and, basically he looked me up and down for any visible injuries. He noticed my right arm clinging to my left elbow, Then he looked to my forehead and frowned heavily. Oh great! It's bruising already.

"I am fine." I removed his hands off me and looked away, then I noticed the car that was still pushed to our's. I stepped away from Hank, heading towards the silver Honda, still clinging to my hurt elbow. I didn't see anyone getting out of the car before. He would still be inside the car.

"where are you going?" Asked Hank as I felt him walk behind me, but I didn't focus on his words. I kept walking towards the car, determined to know who is in the car. why they were following us? why they hit us? and who sent them? As I reached the front of the car, I put my hand on it to balance Myself more as my knees were still wobbling in fear and shock.

"Clark, what are you doing?" I heard Hank ask again as he reached up to me and held my arm but I shook it off and looked throughout the window of the car which was extremely tanned. Shouldn't this be un allowed? I walked to the window of the driver's side and put my right hand around my eyes and squinted as I leaned forward to see if anyone is inside, or to catch I glimpse. When I couldn't see the shadow or any movement in the car I held the doorknob to open the door, "no stop! Wait!" Hank said as he walked over to me in a protective manner, but I didn't hesitate or wait for him to come as I opened the door and looked inside.

Panic rose inside of me. how? How is this possible? I looked around at the containments of the car and sure enough the front drawer was opened and left hanging opened, which means whoever was in the car took something from it. But why? Were they meant to kill us? Me?

I looked to Hank. He was looking at me carefully too. He shouldn't be here. He shouldn't be around me. Whoever did this was probably doing this because of me and Hank would've been just a side effect. If we had of died the he would've died because of me.

"Who is in the car?" He asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked a couple of times. He looked so oblivious, so oblivious to the fact that someone out there is following me, watching me and my every move. In fact that person could be any one of the people surrounding us right now. I looked around to the people around us. I gave everyone of them a glance, trying to find one that looked suspicious or deceiving.

"Clark?!" Hank, again snapped me out of my staring fit and looked at me like I've lost it . I probably have a look that gives the impression that I am deer in headlights. I was crinkling my eyebrows, widening my eyes, looking around, and occasionally coughing. I looked at him, giving him the 'what?' Look, "who is in the car?" He repeated the question that I dreaded to answer.

I shook my head, "no one," I answered the question looking to the ground and frowning, as I stepped away from the car, still holding on to my elbow, "there is no one in the car." Hank stepped forward and looked inside frowning himself.

"What? the car didn't jut drive itself right into ours." He reasoned angrily, "Who would do this?" He asked me.

I didn't know who, but I might know why and maybe just maybe I know who deep deep inside but I refused to admit it. People were starting to become more and more around us, mumbling, asking, and taking pictures. Now that was just plain heartless.