Chapter 34

"Tori" Marcus knocked on the little girl's door a few times "Are you ready yet?" Nobody was answering. He slowly opened the pink door that had a beautifully written Viktoria in perfect calligraphy to peek inside. She was not anywhere inside the room.

Marcus scanned everywhere and he even checked the en suite bathroom but she was not there. He tidied up the books and a few dog toys that were scattered on the floor. He picked up the picture that was on the vanity table and smiled. It was one of Gabriella's picture when she was still a model. It was Tori's favorite picture of her and would often say that she wanted to grow up as beautiful as her mother.

She is beautiful. Viktoria Tyler is a child well recognized around the world for her beauty. She had a naturally curly long black silky hair, she had long eyelashes, her lips were thin and pink, her eyes were the deepest hazel. She was the perfect combination of her mother and father.

Marcus shed a tear and realized how time flew by so fast. Viktoria Tyler, his granddaughter is now 5 years old. It has been 5 long years.

He gently placed the picture back down and opened the door to the balcony. There she heard little giggles by the garden. He smiled.

Tori was there encouraging her dog to finish her potty fast.

"Come on, Pompoms, we need to get ready before Uncle Alec arrives!" She called for her little dog and they both run back inside the house. "We still need to get you dressed!"

Marcus laughed and waited for them to get back inside her room. The little girl was surprised to see his grandfather inside her room and gave him a cheeky smile of guilt. She has been asked to get ready ages ago and yet here she was.

"Uncle Alec is on his way, he is going to get mad" Marcus said.

"Pompoms needed to go potty so we both had to run down fast" she defended herself and her four-legged friend. She started rummaging through a drawer and took out a little dress and called out for her dog. She carefully put the dress on her albeit she struggled a little with her legs. When it was finally in place she fanned it out until she was satisfied with how it looked. She took the ribbon collar next and took some time to put the locks on due to her little fingers.

"Do you need help?" Marcus asked.

She shook her head. "I'm okay grandpa. I can do it." She answered. Marcus just marvelled at how much she has inherited her mother's independency. Even when she was smaller, she would always try to do things on her own. For a five year old girl, she matured really fast and very gracefully.

"Tori, I'm here! Are you ready?" The door opened and Alec came inside. Just in time when Tori was able to securely lock the collar on the dog. She heaved an exhausted breath.

Alec heaved a deep sigh. "Well, at least Pompoms is ready"

She run down towards Alec and gave him a quick hug. "Hi, Uncle Alec! Give me 1 minute, I just need to get changed really quickly." She said as she run towards her bathroom.

Alec laughed. He gave Marcus a quick hug.

"Let's go have some coffee" Marcus offered. "You know how much she takes after Gabby. I doubt 1 minute is all she would take."

"I agree" Alec laughed.

They both went down towards the kitchen. Marcus put the kettle on and took some mugs out of the cupboard. Alec proceeded to sit by the countertop.

"Are you coming?" He asked.

"You and Tori can go ahead. I will join you in a while."

Alec nodded. "I can't believe it has been 5 long years. Although we are all still not fully healed, but I have reasons to believe that we are all getting better"