Chapter 24

I always knew there was a valid reason as to why I fear hospitals. My gut feeling always told me something bad was going to happen when I am in one and I was right.

I have a brain tumor.

At the back of my head, I always thought there was doom lurking in somewhere within me. But, I did not expect it to be this. And now I just wonder why. All the headaches and blackouts, as well as the tampering of my memories should have told me that there was something in my head.

There was a big possibility of me having brain cancer and if worse comes to worst, I might even be in the later stage of it but I have decided to brush it off for now.

I was still strong. I still had motivation and drive within me. I cannot succumb to a disease just as everything was starting to roll. I needed the energy I have now to finish everything. If death comes by me before then, then all I could do is accept my fate. For now, my life must continue.

Everything else happened in a flash. Gray managed to get me out of the hospital the same day I learned about my tumor. I recovered in a nearby hotel for 2 days while we waited for the storm to pass by.

Aaron came to take me when the sky had cleared. We all managed to get back to the hotel. He was updated of my progress. Since he knew my results were satisfactory, he didn't pester me with an executive check up anymore. If I had been to that check up with Aaron, he would have found out about my disease.

Alec flew in a day after that to make sure I was okay. He had talked to the hospital and they assured that all my laboratory results were okay. My MRI result was spared as I have previously requested from my physician. Nobody else knew about this except for me. I was sure Alec was not informed because if he found out he would have gotten a private plane ready and dragged me back to America to have me operated on immediately.

Alec still stayed for an entire week in the Philippines to make sure I was okay because I had consecutive attacks in just 2 months when previously the gap between them would take years. When he was satisfied that I was doing well, he had to fly back to take care of business.

We finished the shooting in the next 2 weeks. The entire time, Gray had not been around anymore. I never saw him since I was discharged from the hospital. When we finally packed and checked out to go home, he was not there to send us off as well.

The 2 months trip to the Philippines was over before I knew it. It only took us another 2 weeks to finish just a few scenes in the US before the entire movie shooting was completed. All these time, I had been rejecting offers and cancelling prior schedules for work to free up my calendar.

Now, I was free of all engagements. I had to move fast.

We didn't waste time. Alec and I immediately flew to Luxembourg to find Mystique. It was not very hard to find it. Luxembourg was a small country to begin with.

Because Mystique was a shipping company, their main office building was also just beside the shipping dock itself. As per our research, it was supposed to be just a small business.

A large trident emblem was plastered on the steel gate of the compound. I took out the brooch that was given to me and I stared and compared it with each other. It really was exactly the same.

"You know what I just realized?" Alec said while we waited for the guard to get permission from the inside for us to get in. "That brooch without the diamonds is exactly the logo of Mystique."

I stared at him confused. "Yeah, that's why we are here isn't it?"

He took out his phone and typed something. "But" he continued. "That brooch upside down but with a straight line on top is the logo of Topnet Securities" he showed me a photo. It looked like the letter T with 3 straight roots at the bottom.