Chapter 16

The movie shoot has been stopped for 3 days as we had requested prior. Aaron and I flew back to New York to attend Mr. Ford's granddaughter's 18th birthday party. We did promise him the last time that we were going to come which was why we had to take the earliest flight back after a 24 hour shoot. It was tiring but somehow, with Aaron around, my body managed to go through it.

Oh, right. I'm privately seeing Aaron Tyler for a whole week now. Nobody else knew aside from me, him, Alec and Red. Red wasn't even surprised. He said he saw it coming from a mile away. He said I looked at Aaron differently, and he saw how happy I looked when he was with me. He said he even thought I would confess first. I didn't even know I had become that transparent. Since that day Aaron saved me, all my walls were torn down.

Alec is another story. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have told him. But I didn't want him to get mad at me if he found it out from somebody else, specifically from Red. Aaron and I heard a series of profanities in 5 different languages that no human being has ever heard of before. Alec even concluded that Aaron managed to find a witch in the Philippines to make some kind of potion for me. It was a tough day for me trying to calm him down.

If I didn't say that we were going to fly back for the debut party, he would've flown to the Philippines and dragged me back.

Alec was waiting for me in the car at the airport. Aaron had his driver pick him up but he gave a small salute to Alec when he opened the door for me.

There was a maddening silence in the car when I got in. I can feel the dark aura emitting from him. Before I can put my seatbelt on, I jumped at him and embraced him so much until he got annoyed. "I''m only here for 3 days. Are you going to be mad at me the whole time?" I whined as I rested my head on his shoulder.

I felt him heave a deep sigh and he turned around to land a kiss on my head. I smiled. He can never get mad at me for long. And I know, deep inside he liked Aaron. The day I had my attack, he was thankful for him for being there. He just didn't expect the sudden progress in our relationship.

"You smell like sweat." He uttered as he started to drive off.

I scoffed and sat back down. I put my seatbelt on and reclined my chair for a bit. I had slept most of the flight back home which was relatively rare for me because I always had difficulty in sleeping in moving vehicles. But how could I not have when someone was constantly gently patting my head and squeezing my hand for comfort. But despite that, I still feel very tired.

"Are you sure about this?" Alec asked finally breaking the long silence. His eyes were straight on the road. I shifted my position so I was facing him to watch his expressions.

"About what? Aaron?" I asked.

"Aaron, and the letter. Are we going to pursue it again?"

When I learned everything about my family from Mary Anne Collins and when Gray found out about me owning the Grayson Communications, I knew it was a hard undertaking from the beginning but at the back of my head, I always thought we could make it. I always thought I'd see it as a movie where justice would prevail despite us being high schoolers taking on real world adults. Looking back at it now, there was really no way we could have survived it back then. We were lucky to have lived off the first attempt. We were like rats falling into a trap. It was so easy for them to squash us.

That was why Alec and I tried a different route. We tried to fight him in his own game. But, despite everything we have accomplished so far, it still feels like a long way to go.

But it is different now. We are not little kids trying to play some detective game anymore. We had resources, we had numbers and right now, I have one more person to fight for.