Chapter 21

The weather forecast showed a low pressure area within the region. It said that there will be continuous mild rain for 2 days and a storm was going to hit the island.

It was gloomy.

All the usual liveliness of the island was on hold. There were a few people who still tried to find the fun amidst the rain. There were a lot of children who were dancing and running around in the rain. Some tourists were in the pool swimming while soaking in the rain.

Aaron, Gabriella, a professional diver/cameraman/director and Gray Aldaine on the other hand had a different persepective for the rain.

They were on Gray's yacht not too far from the island to refilm a scene for their movie.

It was the scene where Gabby jumps out the boat in an attempt to kill herself and the wandering diver Aaron finds her underwater.

They have already filmed this scene before but the director thought that the gloominess of the sky with the rain would make rather a greater impact in portraying someone who was on the verge of suicide.

It was scheduled all of a sudden because they were told that the typhoon will come soon. Most of the boats were either unavailable for the day due to the weather or they didn't have a roof cover.

The director had tried to ask Gray if they could hire his boat and after a few persuasion, he agreed.

Because the boat was only small and could only fit a few people, they had to decide to only bring the most important crew for the scene. It was a good thing that the director had an experience with diving which was why he was enough to take the camera and film the scene underwater. On another standby boat which was smaller and could only fit 3 people was 2 other professional divers to assist them in case of emergency.

Gabby didn't have many chance to make this scene perfect. She could not look the same anymore after she jumps in the water so she needed the first jump to be the best one. Aaron had tried to convince the producers to just put CGI for the whole scene but they all wanted it to look as natural as possible, even Gabby.

They didn't go too far. They only made sure that they had enought depth to actually make it look like they were on a deeper part of the sea.

Gabby and Aaron sat by the cockpit while everyone else was setting up the scene. The emergency divers were all down in the water making sure that the area was safe and that there was still visibility despite the downpour.

Despite her fear of the water, Gabby had been practicing for this scene even before the official shooting began. She would hold her breath in their pool and try to last longer every day.

The first time they did the scene, she admitted that she was not satisfied because she panicked a little and struggled despite only being in the water for 5 seconds. They had to bring her up immediately. This time she wanted it to look more beautiful. She had an image in her mind where she actually embraced the water and accepted her fate before she let go. She wanted to portray that. She wanted the camera to capture that.

The divers surfaced and showed the director the shots they took underwater just to see if there was a point for them to do the scene.

It came out beautiful. Despite the rainfall, the water was still almost crystal blue and that the little light they set up at the boat held it's purpose of portraying a little ray of hope. The director had explained the scene one more time and everyone nodded in understanding.

They all took their places. The director has gone down to the water.

Before Aaron could dive down, Gabby held his hand "15 seconds" she said. "Give me 15 seconds before you pull me"