𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔...

Start from the beginning

He does like to show off his wealth.

Giving them all a clear pursed grin, I roll my eyes as I walk over to open the door.

I leave with the money and hear their meeting start over again.

Letting a breath of fresh air leave me, my tense shoulders slump and I stand there as I wish I were anywhere but here.

I shrug off the feeling and just walk around looking for a vending machine or maybe a small shop where I can buy a drink and a snack.

I walk for a while and eventually get lost.

'Of course, he just shoves me out with no one but myself.'

The janitor walks past me and offers me a smile, clearly knowing who's son I am.

'Well I'm not completely alone'

The peace and quiet of the halls dim as I start hearing a lot of machinery.

Thumps and booms and the sounds of chimney sounding tools are heard between these walls. I'm about to turn right back around since I'm sure that a vending machine won't be anywhere near here. The clean simple doors were now metallic and a bit rusty, I knew I wasn't anywhere near the room my father's meeting was being held.

I'm about to spin on my heel and head out from how I came in when I catch a glimpse of a man.

He walks but stumbles as though he were intoxicated.

'Is he drunk on the job?'

It doesn't look like it though because he seems completely aware of his surroundings, in fact he looks around surveying if anyones there. He fails to spot me as someone rolls a large cart of things and covers me. The small amount of workers and janitors disappear in meer seconds. He has a stubble at his chin and his eyes look bloodshot red, his name tag is hidden because of the way his body is turned to make sure no one sees him enter that room. My brows furrow and I'm now crouched, watching him.

A smirk is brought to my lips when he unlocks the door and I scurry towards it. I fall forward but quickly scramble up on my feet. With all the sounds I just made on the way to the door, I'm surprised he hasn't looked back out to see who was there, I mean he needs some honest lessons on how to be sneakier.

My meer fingertips stop the door from closing completely and I sigh relieved. However searing pain comes to my fingers as the door presses against them, I hiss at the seeping pain. Yanking the door open, the mystery man doesn't hear me as he's already headed down some stairs, it looked as though he pressed some buttons on some control panel, but I can't be sure, I'm too focused on the blister on my now red fingers.

Looking up from the blisters, I now can't see the man.

Running towards the controls, I look over them, looking for the man walking in between machines down below me.

Leaning over the cold metal panel, I flinch because I have found the man.

I gasp, and I look down to the buttons telling me that something was wrong with a machine. My heart races, hoping that what I think is happening, isn't happening.

My eyes blur with tears, shaking my head as my throat goes dry.

I look out into the open...

Hearing the man's screams.

A Year Later