𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔...

Meeting you was like

listening to a song

for the first time

and knowing it

would be my

favourite.

It wasn't love at first sight

but familiarity

Like: Oh Hello, it's you!

It's going to be you...

*Flashback*

6 years ago

December, 18th, 2015

13 year old Taehyun's P.O.V

I wasn't a fan of spending my time like this.

It's boring, uneventful and a lot of my father discussing stuff with his clients and colleagues in the meeting room. I don't even understand why being an engineer requires so much talking about plans and stuff. However, I couldn't do a thing as I sat there, forced to sit with my
father and watch as the meeting goes on. My father insisted that I come with him to his workplace to see how I would inherit the company but truth be told, I don't want this stupid company, let alone the praise that my father would give me if I even showed a glimpse of interest.

I pleaded to stay home with my mother, and like always he practically rages at the sound of the word 'mother' coming from my lips. I know they've been arguing lately but ever since the fights started, my father's been my least favourite companion.

I've been a mommy's boy since birth but now you could say I don't even look up to my father.

He isn't the person you'd aspire to be, trust me.

Letting my head fall back, I bounce my knee as I fight the urge to fidget with something, anything. Though my father made it very clear to me that I mustn't touch a thing. Letting a groan slip past my mouth, I realize that the talking, dull voices of the adults in this room die down into instant silence.

I look back down to see that they're all staring at me with their lips pursed and brows raised as if they thought they actually did something to intimidate me. If I could, I would laugh but the look on my father's face tells me that I've just disgraced him. "Taehyun, could you please be quiet, this meeting is very important" He says through clipped teeth, I huff out a throaty laugh, suddenly needing some water.

"All I did was-" I say trying to defend myself, like my mother always taught me to. She's a very independent and straightforward woman, especially when it comes to respect. She believes that respect goes both ways, and is supposed to be earned, not an obligation.

I agree very much with her but will you take a guess who's the opposite.

My father, and it reflects in our relationship.

"Taehyun, how about you go out for a walk, maybe the vending machine might entice you?" The way his brows jerk up, it'd seem like he were ushering me out of the room with a harsh tone in his voice, however he spoke softly, almost gingerly. I place my hand into the bag seated beside me and find my father's wallet. All of those adults (including my father) won't talk until I'm out the room, so they all quietly watch me as I take out some coins and cash. I hear some of them whisper out judgements like the suspicion that I'm spoiled but my father's tight smile relaxes, and he looks too proud right now.